• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] Mini-map not in sync with actual in game positions of units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
For the best understanding of the problem, look at the picture below. For the people who feel like reading, the the locations of units in my game are misrepresented on the mini map. They're depicted in different places than they actually are. Anyone know what's wrong?

2011111500001.jpg

Look at the position of the units inside my camera on the minimap, and then look where they are in-game. You'll notice the minimap has them placed well below where they actually are in-game.

Thanks in advance!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I am guessing you have made a script change the camera bounds for the player. This adjust's units positions on the mini map acordingly but does not change the actual minimap image. The end result is that changing camera bounds by script causes units to become mal-aligned with the automatically generated minimap image. The only fix is to manually create your own minimap image for the correct camera bounds and import it over the automatically generated one. There is no solution to have an accurate minimap if you have more than 1 camera bounds setting in your map.

Level 3
Hmm...that makes sense. Is there anyway to force the camera to stay within a certain area? I'd prefer that players don't have the ability to look below to the tutorial area. I tried using boundaries, however that didn't stop the camera.

Level 3
you can fog the tutorial area if you don't want players to see it.

Visibility - Disable black mask
Visibility - Disable fog of war

I use both of these, will that affect your solution?

And if it would still work, I'd love to see how to implement it (how to put a fog over it)

Level 8
using both of them will disable only the very first (the fog you will see in a normal map after the loading screen) and will not affect any visibility changes later in the game. you need to create a region over the area and use
  • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Black Mask/Fog of War across (Region)
you can also save it into a variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.