• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Mini-map extraction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
When you open the map in the Wc3 editor you can always go to
File -> Export Minimap...
yeah, the problem is i have like 100 maps i want to do this for. I'd rather just have a way to do it in batch or via a command line.

You need an MPQ extractor. There is MPQ tools, BahamutZero's MPQ extractor and ShadowFlare's. Also LibMPQ.

Then you need a BLP converter, BahamutZero made something for that as well, Libblp I think it is called.

do you happen to know where I can find such things that are usable via the command line? Or that can be done in 'batch' mode?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 13
Google Shadowflare MPQ or something regarding StormLib. There should be an abundance of tools.

hmm. Nothing I can find clearly states "usable from the command line" or "capable of batch file extraction." And the only way to find out is to install each one until I find what I'm looking for. Do you happen to know what this site uses when a new map is uploaded?

Status
Not open for further replies.