• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Miner.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
My second skin. Very roughly based on the Defias Strip Miner from wow http://i.thottbot.com/ss/o/29935.jpg

Enjoy!

Keywords:
Miner, Peasant, Laborer, Slave, Worker, Pick, Axe
Contents

Miner (Texture)

Reviews
15:14, 15th Jun 2009 Hawkwing: It's pretty good. I think you should make the hair darker though. Red-heads' hair darkens over time to more of a brown. The colour you have used would really only be appropriate for a kid. Also, if there's any way you...

M

15:14, 15th Jun 2009
Hawkwing: It's pretty good. I think you should make the hair darker though. Red-heads' hair darkens over time to more of a brown. The colour you have used would really only be appropriate for a kid. Also, if there's any way you can brighten the center of the torso, that would be great!

Edit: It may be within your interests to take a glance at this post.

ah... a new skin to kill :'D

well for starters:
~moustache and beard should be different and separate, it looks like a red chimp :p
~has no shading whatsoever, add more (especially on chest and abdomen)
~has no definition, hey, add some arm hairs and some good skin things.
~has no folds, add folds on the pants
~CnP?? if it has some remove or rework
~hair is meh, do more details and fix highlights and shadows, also tone it down.

Rating: 2.56/5 Lacking.

~Misha~

Level 11
I'll answer everyone's questions or comments here :)
1. No cnp from wow, or cnp from anything. I got the idea to make this guy shirtless from the wow Defias Strip Miner. I put that in the description, so it is roughly based on a wow skin I guess.
2. The beard and mustache are connected because, well, its a goatee lol
3. No shading whatsoever...? Unless everything I know about shading is a lie, this guy has plenty of it.
4. As for definition, hey, I guess I could give him a little more of a "salt of the earth" kinda feel!

Level 38
Lols - I don't think thats CnP, I think thats just his style - you should check the huge discussion about that on Coinblin's Mercinary skin. Though I agree with the other points - this skin needs a lot more shadding and and details on the paints would be good to - check out the defias strip miner picture attached below :)

Attachments

• DefiasPeasant copy.jpg
    DefiasPeasant copy.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 99
~moustache and beard should be different and separate, it looks like a red chimp :p

Well, the original peasant is the same. It has to do with the angle of the camera. In-game it will not look quite so bad.

~has no shading whatsoever, add more (especially on chest and abdomen)

There's tons of shading. Some more on the torso would be nice, but I don't think it's a top priority.

~has no definition, hey, add some arm hairs and some good skin things.

The only place lacking definition is the torso, and that's coming back to your shading concerns.

~has no folds, add folds on the pants

Agreed, but I think this should be put off until later. There are more important things to deal with first.

~CnP?? if it has some remove or rework

Certainly not.

~hair is meh, do more details and fix highlights and shadows, also tone it down.

The shading is decent. Some highlights, maybe. And, as I said in the moderation, the colour needs to be toned down. I assume that's what you mean.