• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mine D'or / GoldMine (GM)

Reactions: deepstrasz
- Mine d'Or / GoldMine (GM) -

Description:

A hidden cave has been discovered, but exploring it will not be easy.
I tried to do a hidden cave effect in waterfalls.

General Info:

Players: 1v1
Size: 84 x 112
Created for "Melee"

Neutral Buildings:

5 Goldmines
1 Shops
1 Market
2 Labs
2 Tavern

Creepcamps:

6 Green
12 Orange
1 Red
Previews
Contents

Mine D'or / GoldMine (GM) (Map)

Reviews
mafe
I like this map a lot. The overall theme of the map is very creative and well executed. The cave part in particular has look that I might take as a basis for a future map myself. On to gameplay: 1. The distance between the main bases could be little...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
I like this map a lot.
The overall theme of the map is very creative and well executed. The cave part in particular has look that I might take as a basis for a future map myself.

On to gameplay:
1. The distance between the main bases could be little longer/the map could be maybe 10% bigger in general. Other than that, the general layout looks good. Looks like potentially another good replacement for EI. In particular I like that there are lot of valuable creeps/points of interest in the center that are worth fighting over.
2. Creeps and itemdrops are generally ok, but not perfect. Again, while the itemdrops are on the stronger end of the scale (but still acceptable), there is a tendency that individual creeps dropping the items are quite weak and can be sniped easily. As rule of thumb, I would recommend that lvl 3 items should be dropped by lvl 5+ creeps and lvl 5 items should be dropped by lvl 6+ creeps.
3. The critters in front of the spawn locations will be removed upon the start of the game.
4. Not sure what to think about the tree line behind the central mines. They can be destroyed (as I assume is very an intentional feature), which I like but cannot predict what implications it will have.
5. As stylish as the waterfalls are, they are distracting if fights are happening near them

Overall, a very good map. Approved.

Level 12
Thank you for the feedback @mafe !
I played Syde and Wiz from the top French players, on this map, they found it a bit big...
For the objects, I take note of your remark, it is true that it is my big fault the falling objects.
I suspected for the waterfalls, but without them it breaks the story of the map, I have not found a solution. I will put the critters further from the starting point, that's what should make them delete.
I'm giving you a lot of work right now mn poor :p