• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mind Rot spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So the mind rot (Neutral Hostile) spell doesn't have a trigger issue order for it, so i can't trigger my units to use the spell.Tried changing the "Text-Order String-Use/Turn on" to something that has triggers for it like forked lighting but it doesn't seem to work. If you still don't understand me what i mean is
  • Risen Ghoul
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacked unit)) Equal to Risen Ghoul
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Attacked unit) to Undead Necromancer - Cripple (Attacking unit)
no unit-order to mindrot. So do you guys have some custom scrip or something?

Level 3
Thanks for the suggestion :) i already did, just wanted to have better variety of mana leak spells in my map as mind rot is not channeling, and i don't want to trigger a spell for a mob unit so if there is no simple way around it i guess i would have to give it up.

Level 12
Thanks for the suggestion :) i already did, just wanted to have better variety of mana leak spells in my map as mind rot is not channeling, and i don't want to trigger a spell for a mob unit so if there is no simple way around it i guess i would have to give it up.

i couldn't seem to find the order for that spell :ogre_frown:

EDIT : there is an order ID for this spell, so you can order them using custom script
the order ID is 852565
  • Set Attacker = (Attacking Unit)
  • Set Target = (Triggering unit)
  • Custom script: call IssueTargetOrder(Unit, 852565, Target)
hope it works :)

anyway, don't use Attacked unit, use Triggering unit instead. it's faster to process :).

Level 3
Just when i was to give up :D thanks a bunch TwoVenomous, i guess people like you keep the hive alive :) +rep
Ah for some reason i can't, says i've already gave you rep...oh well

EDIT: Happy to say that it works like a charm :) just for information if someone else is wondering the complete custom script for such a trigger would be
  • Risen Ghoul
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Risen Ghoul
    • Actions
      • Set Attacker = (Attacking unit)
      • Set Target = (Triggering unit)
      • Custom script: call IssueTargetOrderById(udg_Target, 852565, udg_Attacker)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.