• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Milkshape Animating help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I want to make a joint repeat its animation (cape always swings)
I tried to copy its time line to another position with SMD adjust keys
(copy start 0 copy end 13 copy to 14 and cape joints are selected) nothing happened
is there a way to do this ?

Level 27
If you want it to always swing, you can't do this in Milkshape, however when you export, you can use Global Animations. After exporting, you must set every keyframe of the cape's bones back until the first frame is at zero. Then, for how many frames the animation of the cape swinging takes (can be done in Magos or Notepad, however will sometimes bug in Magos with rotations), (say it is now 0: {0, 0, 0}, 300: {200, 100, 50}, 400: {0, 0, 0}) make a global sequence in Magos' Model Editor that has a duration of x (in this case 400). Finally, to attach to bones, go to each bone, right click and select edit node, and click on translation, set the Global Animation ID track at the bottom, and do the same with rotation and if need be scaling. (Rotation is still bugged, so you might want to try and edit the .mdl in notepad.)
--donut3.5--

Level 19
hmm got it by 1/4 gonna try that
And about rotating I just change positions of them

Edit: Got it all
gonna try with magos' dont think I can make something with notepad

so I can delete this cape animation

Btw cape needs to change position with main joint
Starting joint of cape is child of main joint
it will move with main joint right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.