• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MERRY X-MAS v2.

You start as ( red ) and all what you need to do, is to attack the next unit (death knight), then the music will start to play ( yes be sure u have music on in warcraft III )

Merry Xmas everoyne

enjoy the music

credits : chopin, beethoven

you may ask why i dont write more. its basicly a surprise :p

update: autor and map category

update: 18.9.10

-mappreview
-more terrain/doodads n stuff

update: 19.9.10

-fixed memory leaks
-tried to improve the terrain
-sound channels fixed ( u will not hear units death sound and also the glaive sound is more silent )

-no broking endings anylonger

update: 8.11.10

-added some more doodads
-made a safezone for huntress ( cant escape )
-camera is locked to huntress until the DK dies
-minor changes for better synchronisation

update: 25.12.10
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE :D

-snow version
+ additional surprise ending ; O

Update 25 December 2011

-black minimap
-removed some doodads

Keywords:
music warcraft 3 orchestra chopin beethoven cinematic glaive
Contents

MERRY X-MAS v2. (Map)

Reviews
15:38, 18th Sep 2010 ap0calypse: Approved The map lacks some very basic things, the terrain is lacking and the spelling (loading screen) isn't appealing, but the idea is clearly there. Approved with lacking rating, the main reason why it's a...

M

15:38, 18th Sep 2010
ap0calypse: Approved

The map lacks some very basic things, the terrain is lacking and the spelling (loading screen) isn't appealing, but the idea is clearly there.

Approved with lacking rating, the main reason why it's a 2/5 instead of a 1/5 is the idea.

Level 13
The end was so funny, but for this to be approved there needs to be much more than just a glave cutting though hundreds of people, there needs to be more.

• Music begins
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Dying unit) Equal to Death Knight 0001 <gen>
    • Actions
      • -------- ----------------------------------- --------
      • -------- YOU MISSS THIS --------
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
      • -------- ----------------------------------- --------
      • Sound - Play war3mapImported\for wc33.mp3

Level 28
UAAARRGGHHH - UHGHH AAGHH UAAAARRRRR - HRRHAAAHGGGGGHHH (etc etc).
The entire song is ruined by this (death sounds).
That's all because you used the music as a sound instead of music, you should disable all sound channels apart from "music" (set volume to 0).
This is also the reason why some people don't hear it while their music is on: their sound isn't.

But I love the music and idea, so I'll give it another chance :D

All you need to do now is actually improve the map.
You've got this great idea, but it seems like you didn't really do much with it.
Memory leaks, bad terrain, basic bugs (the sound channels).

Level 3
UAAARRGGHHH - UHGHH AAGHH UAAAARRRRR - HRRHAAAHGGGGGHHH (etc etc).
The entire song is ruined by this (death sounds).
That's all because you used the music as a sound instead of music, you should disable all sound channels apart from "music" (set volume to 0).
This is also the reason why some people don't hear it while their music is on: their sound isn't.

But I love the music and idea, so I'll give it another chance :D

All you need to do now is actually improve the map.
You've got this great idea, but it seems like you didn't really do much with it.
Memory leaks, bad terrain, basic bugs (the sound channels).

In some partys the death sounds are funny like in the end, but in the end sometimes happens a bug, not always the base is completely destroyed

Level 13
For me, this map is not quite good enough, it is very lacking. The terrain isn't up to standards, the gameplay (if you could call it gameplay) is to short and it dosn't really make sence. However, if you could make the terrain better, and give an intro cinamatic or somthing, then I might consider changing my vote.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
Dude its so creative! Its Brilliant! I must say that I am highly impressed. Sure ... It is so simple to create and all of that but in my opinion the funniest maps are not the most well made ones.

+rep as well as a 5/5 rating, you made my day :ogre_hurrhurr:

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, Teach a man to fish and you feed him, for a lifetime."

TDA

TDA

Level 4
Hi.

I'm impresed. I've been going to Art School for 8 years now, learning Clasical music. And I don't plan to stop doing it

From someone with more than half of his life devoted to music. I have to tell you that This spoke to me.

This is true outside the Box thinking!

The part I Liked the most was the bigining. Where you could see the musical instrument (The Glave) do its magic. Leading the orchestra, wich wouldent dare breathe when the Glave was suspended in the air.
The Glave is the true conductor of the orchestra, and that shows where the orchestra has a brake and the glave still caries the beat by hiting a silent wisp

Alltough at the end you can't see the orchestra at all, because you've obliterated the crowd in a massive USA Government Panic attack.:
:goblin_boom::goblin_boom::goblin_boom::goblin_boom::goblin_boom::goblin_boom::goblin_boom:

Level 8
Someone said it was fun to play? You DO'NT PLAY IT! You watch a glaive bouncin around blowin things up? Strike one. Whats that and you killed a whole orc village! Strike two! And the whole time your playin some lame beethoven music. Strike three, Your out! :goblin_boom:

And whats with santa holdin the tree, he looks guilty. I give it 2/5 for the effort.

Level 10
My Review on Warcraft Orchestra

A really odd map, I thought. Odd, but unqiue, seriously unqiue. :eekani:

:thumbs_down:You did absolutely nothing the entire time except attack a Death Knight and watch a glaive kill everybody.
:thumbs_down:Music was boring.

:huh:Why does a glaive bounce from unit to unit killing everything? A single glaive!
:huh:How does the glaive blow up buildings?
:huh:Why is Santa Claus at the end holding a giant Chrismas Tree?

:thumbs_up:I guess it was really different.
:thumbs_up:The terrain was decent.
:thumbs_up:You probably put some time into this, well the triggers and the terrain.

Overall, it was pretty boring, but I'll give you a 2/5 because you did have some pretty good terrain and it was different.

Level 8
For the last 2 poster i have only 3 things to say:

First : Learn to read. Its a "CINEMATIC" map.

Second: There are no gameplay or anything else. So stop with the REVIEWS. If you should insult the music, then you insult not the map, but the great musicians of his time. So rather not say anything to the music.

Third: It's not your fault that you have no appreciation for art and music, so I do not blame you if you abgebt a bad review. This map is just not made for everyone, too bad actually.

thanks

Level 10

Second: There are no gameplay or anything else. So stop with the REVIEWS. If you should insult the music, then you insult not the map, but the great musicians of his time. So rather not say anything to the music.

Third: It's not your fault that you have no appreciation for art and music, so I do not blame you if you abgebt a bad review. This map is just not made for everyone, too bad actually.

thanks

I realize it is a "cinematic" map and I realize it is one of those maps where you sit around and watch something, but they're supposed to be entertaining. And no I don't care for that kind of music.

If I couldn't read, do you think I would even be posting a review? Don't get offended over my review, I tried to stay some good things about the map. At least I did that. Most reviewers just point out all of the bad things in a map. So, don't get offended, I was just giving a review and opinions.

Level 1
THIS IS SOO FUNNY EPIC
Well i need to comnent wahst wrong too:
-a rmk button or code for more fun after,
-and a scond map[maybe for eastern or smthing].
:D
:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 4
I like end part where the orc base ty to strike the fortress nuke hell lot
and true music glaive throw kill 1 by 1

My rate voting is you can see now.
Well not cinematic just a music like wth.
Good music man :goblin_good_job:

Level 10

thanks

Yeah Totally agreed with you. No one are to insult Mozart, Chopin, etc...Their pieces are real epic, and I played the piano and violin, so I marvel upon their works.

And the part where you place queue of wisps for Fantasie Impromptu really suit the musics, kinda have the same feeling if you are playing that piece. =D

Awesome Job! 5/5:thumbs_up: