• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Merchant system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
I need a request system for my current full-time project,
I thought of doing a merchant system in GUI but maybe it would be a lot easier in JASS

Merchant system - I want the merchant system to when you click on a merchant you are able to select different categories for example: Boots,Armor,Shields,Helmets,Weapons. And when you clicked on one of them a menu will appear where the sojust clicked on classified items will appear ready to be bought and added to the units inventory. Also an extra would be that there are MORE then one pages on a merchant in a category,for example we press the button 'boots' and then we get all boots we could buy and also two buttons in the under-right corner which say 'Previous page' and 'Next page'.

For what? I need this system for my WoW rpg,i can not release free rly much information about the project because i just dont like to. (im working on my sites totaly restyle which contains enough information about the WoW online project). Plz dont think like 'Omg-another-war3wow-on-bnet' because this WoW will be a lot better then all others. Plz support me!

How - When you are intrested in this or want to help me,you may create the merchant system i require or you could also search for it. i have done searches myself but i didnt find any system.
When creating - When you are intrested in creating the system for me plz PM me offcourse your credits will be under 'Special thanks'
When found - Plz post the link in this thread and plz let the site be english,if its not i will download it anyway but it has not to be a difficult site in a foreign language! You will have normal credits in the map.

Thanks..

Make multiple instances of your merchant unit and each one will sell a page of items, and then make a trigger that when Merchant (Base) casts spell channeled (helms) then Hide Merchant (Base) and unhide Merchant (Helms)

You'd have to directly refer to them as variables but it would work, maybe after school if I'm still alive (running on 2 hours of sleep) I'll make it in WE to show you.

Level 27
Make multiple instances of your merchant unit and each one will sell a page of items, and then make a trigger that when Merchant (Base) casts spell channeled (helms) then Hide Merchant (Base) and unhide Merchant (Helms)

You'd have to directly refer to them as variables but it would work, maybe after school if I'm still alive (running on 2 hours of sleep) I'll make it in WE to show you.

lol .. i've already thought about it .. i have also thought about im able to make it myself the only problem is the multiplayer .. it should work for more then one merchant .. there will maybe be kinda like 50 merchants .. so .. there should be any easy way?

Level 27
I deleted my previous message because im gonna submit a map which explains what my request is..

Thanks for the effort joe but i ment it not to be in a dialog form.. im thinking i could better just create it myself .. its a nice system though but it would not fit into my map ..

Plz look at the map,yeah you could say i could create the system myself .. but i asked for an Easy way to do it so i wouldnt take to much triggers and space.

[See the attached map]

Attachments

• Merchant-System.w3x
    31.8 KB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.