• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mercenary Camp Build Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Would someone mind creating an birth animation for the Mercenary Camp, by using the orc build animation, but replacing one of those buildings with the Mercenary Camp Model. It needs to fit the mercenary camp, so I think using the Bestiary's animation, and replacing the model itself with the mercenary camp, would work fine. Please do not remove the rest of the mercenary camp's animations, as they too are needed for it's use. Thanks, :grin:

Level 7
Try this trigger and change it's model path to:
buildings\orc\Beastiary\Beastiary

I'd really prefer if someone could simply use the orc build animation and just make the mercenary camp come up instead of, oh, say a barracks. In reality, the texture transfers, model transfers, and animation should take a grand total of 20 minutes (max.) An experienced modeler should have no trouble, as this is quite an easy task.

Level 7
I have my own method of "recreating" the orc birth animation, however it will require you to import 2 files - the Orc birth and the Mercenary Camp itself. If it's fine from your side, I'll get working on the model

Fantastic, so long as I'm able to figure it out...lol. Sure, I'd greatly appreciate it.:grin::grin:

Level 7
Alright, I'm not quite sure what's going on with debode....would anyone else happen to be able to fullfill this request?

Level 48
I tried to make it, but apparently the model crashes the editor and WC3. I investigated the model a bit but found nothing. Handle it to someone who is more experienced than me in modeling(such as Dan van Ohhlus, General Frank etc...) and ask them if they find the problem, if you want.

Btw, for the "Merc. Camp Birth Debode", remove the "war3mapimported\" part and it should work(otherwise it wont, and you wont see any birth animation!)(but of course, better ask someone to fix the model first)

Attachments

• MercenaryCamp.mdx
    46.1 KB · Views: 72
  • MercenaryCampBirthDebode.mdx
    32.7 KB · Views: 102
Level 7
I tried to make it, but apparently the model crashes the editor and WC3. I investigated the model a bit but found nothing. Handle it to someone who is more experienced than me in modeling(such as Dan van Ohhlus, General Frank etc...) and ask them if they find the problem, if you want.

Btw, for the "Merc. Camp Birth Debode", remove the "war3mapimported\" part and it should work(otherwise it wont, and you wont see any birth animation!)(but of course, better ask someone to fix the model first)

Alright....to start, would someone mind fixing this model?

Level 26
fixed it. Debode, the problem was that you did not removed the unused stuff like animations, textures or especially geosetanimations in your birth animation model which caused the crash.

Attachments

• MercenaryCamp.mdx
    46.1 KB · Views: 77
  • MercenaryCampBirthDebode.mdx
    27.7 KB · Views: 72
Level 7
Thank you both very much. As it would so happen, it seems that one of the mercenary camp's spikes was removed (oriented with the door at the front, it is the farthest one to the top right.) Would you mind putting that back in, or did you remove it purposely?

Status
Not open for further replies.