• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mercenaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I honestly think mercenaries shouldn't be free, but i'm not saying you should put a 100 gold per merc or something like that, but how about a 50% reduction on the gold you gain per kill while having a merc bound and summoned. Ofcourse the minus gold applies only when the merc is alive and only to gold taken from kills. If 50% is too much how about starting at 20% reduction from level 1-5 then add a 5% reduction ever 5 levels after that. Right now it's too easy to just solo play, hire a tank merc, and spend atleast 1 hour farming for all the shizz you can buy.

Level 13
You're absolutely right, but in a team situation that kind of sucks for the the player with the merc. I'm all for some kind of tradeoff but probably not something like that.

The game has become incredibly easy to solo, up to a certain point of course but still, far too easy.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Mercenaries will get some balancing changes in the next update. Taroshs heals get nerfed, enchantress gets debugged (sometimes doesnt cast spells atm) and armor of warrior and headhunter merc get nerfed.

Also, I might put up a -% xp income restriction for outdoor mobs on mercs so that people can still use them to solo, but people that can do without will get rewarded with faster xp.

Level 3
Also regarding the demo shout of warrior merc, i would suggest it to be changed, since first of all, i understand why you put demo shout as a zerk only skill, atleast i think i do, coz it's really imba at the start where you just use it to make every creep weak as crap and make tanking easy. Now it seems unfair that you can bypass having to get 25 zerk when you can just get warrior merc. Also i feel like he should have taunt to further his tanking capabilities.

Level 18
a way to balance mercenaries is to make their atributes based on atributes of another class,
for example
tarosh heal must be nerfed obviously but his heal must be based on another atribute (obviously not const or str because squire will be able to solo) but maybe base it from agi (since druid doesn't use agi that much it won't become a problem of too much healing), etc.

another easier way would be balancing the mercenary not on the atributes but on the level of the one who hired him, i think right now it's on atributes and not on level right?

Level 13
I'd prefer to see them with set attributes each level rather that using the players as that kind of sucks and forces people to use certain mercenaries. Players should be able to solo outside by all means that's fine but not as easy as it is currently.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I think there is nothing wrong with the way pets and mercenaries scale. I dont want them to be useless in endgame content when the level doesnt change anymore, but gear makes you stronger and stronger. Mercs are meant as a player replacement for missing players and they do so quite well indeed while still not be as good as a real player.
Of course there is some rebalancing needed. As I said, Warrior and troll armor is getting nerfed, Shaman heals aswell.

Level 4
there's a bug with the 10% extra life for crusader i got a friend who is getting 1 hit ko'd from a single mob with almost full gear as crus.

To be honest, why do you post this in the Mercenarie thread? This is something for the bug report forum and it was already reported. We shouldn't spread the bug reports all over the different threads, because this will only make it harder for Zwiebel.

Level 6
mercenaries are bugged when u repick, or change job. you need to dismiss them first before you do either to avoid the bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.