• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Memory Leak question, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
1. Just what is a memory leak, and does it affect GUI, JASS, or both?
2. How do you know if you have them?
3. I'd like to submit an alpha version of my map. Is that still allowed?
4. I really don't want anyone to see my triggers at least until the beta version is done. Should I allow open season on all my hard work right away, or should I find a way to protect it. If I should protect it, then how and what is the best way?
5. I am fully open to all support, and would really like a Moderator's blessing on whether to hide or unhide my work.

P.S. There are tutorials on color codes where they usually direct you to a link so you can pick a color and see the code associated with it. I would like to post a tutorial on how easy hexadecimal codes are so any average joe can come up with an almost infinite combination of colors and not have to rely on a link. If you think this tutorial would be a good idea tell me, and I would be glad to try my hand at a post.

-edit
I found the leak check system on this website. And thanks to Ike_Ike, I found a great resource at http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27219

Last edited:
Level 26
A handy tutorial on leaks. That should solve 1 & 2.

The best way to protect your map is with Vexorian's map optimiser, which also reduces map size. Just remember to save a backup copy before optimising.

Protect the map you release for a few versions. After a while, if anyone WANTS to see how you made it, you could give them an unprotected earlier version of the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.