• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] MeleeAI and Semi-Troll-Berserker-Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
SOLVED

Hello guys,

I am wondering how AI treats units that are an upgrade or a transform from other units: just like troll berserker units.

In my particular case, I have Worker 1 (say imagine peasant), and worker 2 (say imagine blood elf worker)
when the hero comes, all peasnats are transformed into blood elf workers with an ability based on barrage (of the siege engine).

Now the AI keeps building peasants as if the workers do not substitute peasants. I have made peasants "techtree- dependency eqivalents" field = blood elf worker. The AI still behaves the same way. I also have tried blood elf worker to be equivalent to peasant and the same has happened.

Ummm.. how can I make AI treat them as substituting for each other? and.. does anyone know how dependency equivalent field exactly do? I am pretty sure it must have something to do with it, because normal human ai should not spam siege engines if he upgraded barrage

Thank you!

Edit: ok I think I have missed something, maybe I should update the AI, i.e. import up-to-date- map data and see what happens
Alright, I just tested it after importing the data into the ai and now ai treat both to be the same. This thread may be closed now
Thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.