• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Upgrades Based on Troll Berserker: Workers and Towns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Buggy Upgrades Based on Troll Berserker: Workers and Towns

Hello everybody,

on one, and my only one map, each hero has special units. The night elves can have sea witch, which, upon her entrance to the map, will curse the night elves to Naga. Wisps should turn to Mur'gul slaves, and trees of Life should turn to Temples of tide, and other buildings turn to their equivalents. am facing Three problems:
  1. SOLVED wisps that are turned to Mur'gul Slaves cannot build Naga buildings. Only new workers can. SOLVED
  2. SOLVEDThe upgraded Altar, Altar of depths, cannot revive heroes. Only new Altar can. SOLVED
  3. ProblemThe player is revealed to the opponents even if he/she (she? well, maybe :/) has Temple of tides, even if new Temple is built. Moreover, the Tree of life tends to be close to gold mines, too close for what a temple should be. Fortunately, new temples cannot be built so close.Problem
  4. SOLVEDEDIT:I made ancient of war upgrade to spawning grounds when Naga sea witch enter the map. however, it is not considered same unit as new spawning ground: we cannot select it by pressing control and clicking on near spawning ground, nor by double clicking near spawning ground. SOLVED
I tried the following solutions:

1'.Making the worker able to build Naga buildings enables it to build them upon its upgrade. via trigger, I make Naga buildings unavailable until the upgrade is done.
2'.Equivalent of an Altar and... well, this looks to be just a text...Using Metalbears Method
3'.I made the temple as an equivalent of a town hall tier one in game constants. Useless too!
4'.Using Metalbears Method

so, what you creative guys/girls suggest?

Last edited:
Level 11
1. Disable all naga buildings on map initialization; add all of the Naga buildings to Wisps' building list; when the units are converted, disable night elf buildings and enable naga buildings for the cursed player.

• Player - Make Altar of the Depths Unavailable for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)
Etc., in case you're unfamiliar with the function.

Level 21
workers that are transformed is unable to build.(you should report it to blizzard) as for a solution i may have that. remove the workers through triggers then create a trigger that creates units where they were.(if you need more information just ask.) you need to create your own victory/defeat script when you use custom tech trees.

Level 6
Wellllll, you could try to replace units, by triggering every unit with "pick every unit owned by player in playable map". Here I have made you an example map of how it could work. Just type in chat "orcmeup" whenever you are ready! The only problems are those:
1: Look at the farms when you replace them, the orc burrows have bigger collision size and you see the result.
2: Look at the barrack while replacing, it just moves away!
Why those stuff happens? The farms were too small, while the orc burrows were bigger! The barrack had unbuildable restriction around it! Press P while placing buildings and doodads. You will see some pink blocks(unwalkable) and blue blocks(unbuildable). I guess you could make only the ancients to not have blue blocks by changing in their unit stat stuff the "Pathing - Pathing Map".
Atleast this wont make bugs I think. I my self have gotten to allot of bugs(one example is 7 dead heroes limit), which made me to rework lot of stuff and retest it again! Least if I have understood ya problem right.

Attachments

• unit replace.w3x
    13.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Level 16
It works for altar, and for workers!!! I thought I tried it for workers but it did not work. It is even better than the upgrade I am making, based on troll berserker, since it makes Naga building icon instead of night elves'

it seems to be not working for shop only. I should investigate further

Level 16
Number 2 is partially solved now. when the tree of life turn to temple of tides, the player is not revealed: i.e., it is doing the job of the tree of life not making the player revealed. However, if the first temple was destroyed, the player is revealed no matter how many temples he has....

This is kinda weird to me: I have no idea why it happen just in the update. I do not recall any change of the equivalents or so. In the update, I just made more systematic Triggers to solve problems 1,2, and 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.