• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Melee Terrain Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I am doing a melee map terrain for my clanmate and I have never done a melee terrain before, I want to see what you guys think. Just to make sure everything's placed right and nothing is more than a little unbalanced. I don't want it to be "symmetrical" or even close to it, but I don't want one team to have a great advantage over the other, either. The map is supposed to be for 3v3. The black rock mountains are unwalkable.
Black X's are neutral goldmines.
Everything else (the circles of different colors) are player start locations.

8f4rxas.png

Level 9
It's hard to tell if this is balanced but it definetly seems akward. The upper-left player is off on his own, far from his teamates, they'd have to come around the mountain bend to come defend him. The top two right most players are so close to each other they'd easily be able to reinforce each other incase of attack. The rightmost goldmine favors the top players due to the fact that there's a perfect pinch point right below it. The bottom three players are all very seperate from each other.

Level 28
deathcom3s is right, I didn't noticed that hill. Make a way through the hill, and it will be ok.

If it is a 3x3 map, it must have, at least 6 neutral goldmines.

At the center, you must add a neutral building like dragon roost, fountain, etc.

And you forgot the Goblin Merchants, Mercenery Camps, and etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.