• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Melee/Ranged stance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How do i make an ability which will enable a unit to switch between ranged(pierce) and melee(normal) attack? I tried using Combat Attack 1 and Combat Attack 2 but that doesn't seem to work xD the unit will only use 1 of them even when i have set Attacks enabled to both 1 and 2

Level 4
What do i do with the animations? :p the melee animations aren't set as the default ones

Ha? Didn't get your question.
Create a unit-type of the unit you are going to have this ability on and add the Bear Form custom ability to both units. Go to the Bear form ability and make sure you change the field "Data - Alternative unit form" to the new custom unit; the new custom unit will be an actual copy of the original unit, with the abilities, model, everything. Just copy paste your units.

Level 4
Well you see the model has 2 sets of animations, the first set is for ranged and the second set is for melee, so how do i make the melee version of the unit use the melee animation set as the ranged set is the default one

Animation - Required Names...

I'm pretty sure that the model has separate animation names for the melee and ranged... example: melee has the default animation names while the ranged animations has an extension which can be alternate, etc...

In-game example: Mountain King - the morphed/avatar mountain king has an Animation - Required Names of alternate...

Level 4
I found a way to do it via trigger :D

• Untitled Trigger 003
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • ((Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Marksman) and ((Ability being cast) Equal to Melee Stance )
    • Actions
      • Animation - Add the Attack Two - 1 animation tag to (Casting unit)
      • Animation - Add the Attack Two - 2 animation tag to (Casting unit)
  • Untitled Trigger 003 Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • ((Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Marksman Melee) and ((Ability being cast) Equal to Melee Stance )
    • Actions
      • Animation - Remove the Attack Two - 1 animation tag to (Casting unit)
      • Animation - Remove the Attack Two - 2 animation tag to (Casting unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.