1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seek unity between the elements in the 22nd Terraining Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Seize the moment! The 18th Mini Mapping Contest has commenced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Medivh5.BLP

Submitted by Godslayer
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
This is a skin i made for my map Warhammer 3rd Storm of Chaos :D
Made it for a Ying/Yang mage my mate Isharioth is currently working on.
I know this skin is a bit colorless, but it kinda fits the dark-light sheme.

Have to say i realy fell in love with the smugde-brush while creating that skin :D

critique plz

Update: removed the brown parts @ the boots, decreased the size a bit, addet a bit of highlight to the boots, addet a iris, removed black point at the tip of the crystal in the cobras mouth and removed those little cuts at the bottom of this cape, so he looks a bit more accurate.

Update 2: removed the iris again and addet some alpha, to make the cape look more realistic, without alpha the polys where too obvius.

Update 3: addet some more handworks to the boots and the underarms and addet more highlight to the cape. to make ppl stop complaining about it beeing handmade enough. Addet some more Runes to the cape---> doesnt realy make the skin better... but more handdrawn

Update 4: Reinvented the alpha for the cape and made some more screens:

[​IMG]

Keywords:
Ying, Yang, Light, Dark, Day, Night, Blue, white, mage, medivh, mediv, twilight, cathay, warhammer
Contents

Medivh5.BLP (Texture)

Reviews
15:15, 5th Aug 2009 67chrome: Looks cool, but still needs more work. I averaged your freehanding estimates and came up with 50%, so I guess that does put you 1% away from "mostly recolor" :D Of course, the amount of original skin showing through...
  1. breebree123

breebree123

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice skin! very useful! 5/5

2. Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like the skin. The face is very cool.

3. Sabelion

Sabelion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Realy realy nice, but I think it whould look better with a little more blue on the cape. :)

But I dont know for sure :)

4. Tyranda101

Tyranda101

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice skin. You worked out your idea very well i guess ;D I give 4/5. No 5/5 because I think the Tribal icons on the cape lack Detail.

5. Godslayer

Godslayer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    its kinda hard to get more detail @ the cape, cause it will be streched in game, and look shitty if you add too fine details. even that not so detailed flames, look a bit blury

6. Dentothor

Dentothor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i agree with chrome... this is mostly recolour.

7. Godslayer

Godslayer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    no its not...

8. 67chrome

67chrome

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Hmm, I still think this needs a little more freehanding, and more color variation. The fact that the gums and mouth are the same shade of blue as the skin and armor makes for a rather monochromatic skin. If you set the brush to "color" mode it is really easy to change the color of things, as it will not interfear with your shading. But I would strongly recomend making the inside of the mouth, skin tone, and armor different colors, even if they are mostly blue.

9. Latecat

Latecat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not bad. Id give it a...hmm good question
    4.5/5.

10. Godslayer

Godslayer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    mhm yeah i´d do that BUT this hero is a dark-light hero means it is ment to have only 2 main colors for his sheme, thats why hes so "monochromatic" hes not ment to be like that funny blizzard mages, but to be black and white (well its blue and white cause black-white looks borring)

11. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I think that the lower part of the cape could use NOT beeing so blurry =/

12. Squidle

Squidle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice but...
    The thing about this is... It's just all the same.
    You don't have to do the same thing on every part of him.
    The face is awesome! But I don't like the other parts.

13. 67chrome

67chrome

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    If your going for a dualistic theme go for a dualistic color relationship. Make a stronger differentiation between the black parts of the skin and the white parts of the skin, while it is a little harder to get black and white to turn out well shaded and with enough contrast it is not impossible. With all the blue on the skin I'm just getting Yin out of the Yin Yang bases though, the yellow on the staff seems very out of place as it is really the only different color on the skin. Twoface has a dualistic color scheme and represents a sort of Yin-Yang relationship, and his mouth is a different color than his two halves. Even with this model being bilaterally symmetrical, you could still pull off a dualistic theme, much more potently even, with the introduction of more than one color :)

14. Godslayer

Godslayer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    -.- u are making life realy hard for me... and yes the yellow crystal is the only diffrent thing, kinda wanted to make this a bit eye spiking