• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Medieval Fantasy + Steampunk

IS this idea worth developing furthur?

• Yes!

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs Revision!

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I recently got the Idea of making a Medieval Fantasy Steampunkish Campaign. Where a highly advanced (by medieval standards) Steampunk style nation goes a campaign, taking over several nations that were seen as superior but where overwhelmed due to the Steampunk nation having mastered Gunpowder.(cause guns can shoot through your filthy plate armor lmao rip)

I need some more world dev ideas, (mostly names)
Any thoughts or Ideas on this? Since Telgarde may be put on standby temporarily (Models are needed to finish the remaning factions in it)

*Edit*
- Weiland Reich Empire (Has mostly mastered gunpowder and use it commonly, Suffer in the magic department)

- Briton Duchy (Low Tech, Dosent have Gunpowder, Has powerful knightly orders, don't use ambush/guerilla tactics due to honor system

- Cathian Empire (Have basic gunpowder, Uses zee magics)

Last edited:
Level 13
Weird, works perfectly for me. Try different browser?
I did, I've known that generator for quite a while now and never got it to work. I ended up using a different one and got the names (for the factions) I needed.
Volksgrad (The Faction that curb stomps everyone with diesel/steam punky things, thank Zess for that)

- United Briton Principalities (The nation Volksgrad has already curb stomped, which lead to the Grand Alliance)

The Grand Alliance (an alliance between 2 inferior nations)
- Cathian Empire (Has basic Medievalist things, though they have mastered magic unlike other nations(magic isn't as impressive in this world))
- Weiland (The Closest in terms of tech to Volksgrad)

First of all decide if it's more renaissance or industrial revolution based. Easiest approach would be to pick some real world historical empires, most probably based on stereotypes and go from there. In steampunk is default is Victorian era England, so names would be mostly British. Ideas for my project are more revolving around Prussia, so names are more or less German and from surrounding nations. Probably the best steampunk RTS game, Rise of Legends, which is geared more towards renaissance, based their faction on Italy. For the same period you can base it on Ottomans (Turks) caliphate or something if you want to retain more nomadic heritage. French would makes sense overall since they were the first making an automotive steam vehicle (which @pyf would point out, but apparently he's away already for some time). If you base it on Russia, then makes more sense for early 20th century style steampunk. After you pick the 'country', you just make names from existing people and places from there, maybe only modify a bit.

Level 13
First of all decide if it's more renaissance or industrial revolution based. Easiest approach would be to pick some real world historical empires, most probably based on stereotypes and go from there. In steampunk is default is Victorian era England, so names would be mostly British. Ideas for my project are more revolving around Prussia, so names are more or less German and from surrounding nations. Probably the best steampunk RTS game, Rise of Legends, which is geared more towards renaissance, based their faction on Italy. For the same period you can base it on Ottomans (Turks) caliphate or something if you want to retain more nomadic heritage. French would makes sense overall since they were the first making an automotive steam vehicle (which @pyf would point out, but apparently he's away already for some time). If you base it on Russia, then makes more sense for early 20th century style steampunk. After you pick the 'country', you just make names from existing people and places from there, maybe only modify a bit.
*Edit* Changing it up a bit, I decided that using Zess's Dieselpunk troops as the Volksgrad would make them morbidly OP (imagine a sub-machine gun vs a musket) (check the edit above, in the first post)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.