• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

mechanics questions, and some tool tip nitpicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have a few questions about some mechanics in the game.
1. Is there a range you have to be in from an enemy dying to get experience? Theoretically, one could use summons and damage over time spells to kill an enemy from very far away. Would this still award experience? Is this affected by other heroes being closer to the killed enemy?
2. There are many items that have effects proced by auto attacks that are not labeled as "On-Hit" effects. Is there a strict distinction between them and effects that are labeled "On-Hit"? In particular when using items that enhance On-Hit effects, it would be nice to be sure about this.
3. When an enemy is killed by a trap, does it award experience and/or gold? I managed to lure one enemy into one of the platforms descending into spike pits by accident, and wasn't paying attention to this.

Then there are some tool tips I noticed were very unclear:
The Dragon Sentinel's Dragon Strike's description was quite confusing, it might do with some rewording. Something like "The Dragon Sentinel's next attack deals damage along a long line in the direction of the attack." might be more clear.
The Ice Lancer has a talent called "Hypotermia". I assume this is meant to be "Hypothermia", a medical condition caused by exposure to low temperatures.
The Rogue's Subterfuge talent is explained as increasing damage by 1% for every 4% of current mana. The way this is phrased, it would be a flat 20% damage increase, since you always have 20*4% of your current mana. I didn't figure out if this was actually the case, but I guess it is meant to be 1% for every 4% of maximum mana the hero has at any point. Increase = (mana/maxmana)/(4%)%
The tool tip for the Shieldtronic Gear does not show where to buy the Elixir of Endurance, instead it has some weird letters in the usual place.

Status
Not open for further replies.