• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Meat Wagon rework help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Alright so I have some ideas on changes to this unit to make it more interesting but I have no idea how to implement them. I want to make the Meat Wagon use corpses as ammunition that leave a corpse at the attack location (kind of like Disease Cloud). Now I have a few questions.

How do I make it so that when the Meat Wagon fires, a corpse is removed from its cargo and a corpse is spawn at the attack location? And how do I make it so the Meat Wagon cannot attack when it is empty?

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
To create corpses at the target location you can use disease cloud ability. Disease cloud spawns a unit at the attacked position. You can give it negative regeneration (or maybe even negative health ?) to kill it. Or use a trigger to kill the spawned units when it enters the map.

To prevent a unit from attacking you can use the orc burrow's cargo hold ability.

To keep track of the corpses in a meat wagon you could take a look at GUI Unit Event v2.5.2.0.
I think it can detect loads/unloads of transport units.

Level 7
Meat Vagon uses get corpse spell to collect dead units, whenever he casts that spell, create a unit group and add those units to unit group,. Now hardest part begins, you need either dds or some kind of missile system, I think missile system is better considering meat vagons can do attack ground, when the projectile hits the target, or ground, you create 1 skeleton for unit type of that unit. This means you need to save their type if you plan on using animate dead etc. Also remove that unit from the game in your unit group. About the ammunition thingie, you can set a counter everytime it picks up a body which is a max of 6 or 8 don't remember much. If counter is 0, interrupt attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.