• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Meat wagon cargo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Does anyone know how to set the number of corpses a meat wagon has. I want to make an indicator showing the number of charges an ability has built up by displaying the “cargo hold” used by the meat wagon. Basically it would be 1 charge makes it look like there is one corpse, two charges two corpses, etc.

thanks

Level 16
use multiple levels of the ability.
one level does not generate corpse (0 seconds duration).
when that unit gains your charge, set the ability to lvl 2 which generates corpse every 0.1 seconds
once corpse is generated (i.e. once your charge is gained), set the level back to lvl 1 so it will not generate another charge.

you might want to use the following event.
  • EnhancedExhumeCorpse
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Meat Wagon
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Exhume Corpses
    • Actions
      • Set yourAbility_TempInt = (1)
      • Unit - Set level of Exhume Corpses for (Triggering unit) to YourAbility_TempInt
that is how you can increase the charges.
But how do you reduce them? do you ever need to reduce them?
you might want to reduce them by casting animated dead? :p

Level 14
Wow that’s a pretty ingenious way of doing that. I’ll test it out. I’m wondering if I can reset it by removing and adding the ability. I’ll post back when I find out.

Level 14
Well in this case I want to add one charge after a certain number of kills and then once the ability is used it deals damage based on the number of charges and goes back to 0. Mostly I wanted something that would show the charges overhead so you knew when you had enough charges to deal massive damage without having to look at a multiboard to find out.

Level 12
Well in this case I want to add one charge after a certain number of kills and then once the ability is used it deals damage based on the number of charges and goes back to 0. Mostly I wanted something that would show the charges overhead so you knew when you had enough charges to deal massive damage without having to look at a multiboard to find out.
Doesn't cargo hold abilities have those yellow bars above HP bar indicating how many units (or corpses) are loaded? At least orc burrows have that.

But I imagine the capacity doesn't go over 8 and even if it did it might be hard to tell how many charges there are at that point, so if you want to be able to get a lot of charges then maybe a number with floating text or whatever is better.

Level 14
I tried the floating text and it worked ok, but I’ve never been a fan of how it is always the same size when you change the camera perspective. I haven’t had time to work on my campaign lately, but I’ll see if I can mess around with these and see what I can come up with. If I recall correctly cargo hold has some odd effects like making you not auto-acquire targets?

Level 12
I tried the floating text and it worked ok, but I’ve never been a fan of how it is always the same size when you change the camera perspective. I haven’t had time to work on my campaign lately, but I’ll see if I can mess around with these and see what I can come up with. If I recall correctly cargo hold has some odd effects like making you not auto-acquire targets?
You don't want to use orc burrow's cargo hold because that one prevents the unit from auto attacking unless there's units loaded, and it's attack speed increases with the number of units.

But there should be other cargo hold abilities from other units, like zeppelins, boats, units with devour like kodo beasts, etc. that don't have any unwanted effect.

Also, isn't there actually those new bar UI natives ever since 1.31? I haven't tried them but they should work better than floating texts.

Level 14
I’ll be sure to try those all to see if I can get the desired effect. I haven’t updated to 1.31 yet (still using 1.27 until I can get rid of USMWE triggers to make it compatible with 1.31.

Level 14
So I managed to make the zeppelin cargo hold work the best for showing the “charges above the hero” But unfortunately I can’t figure out if there is a way to hide the units in the cargo hold. Basically I want to have the bars above the hero while still having his stats and stuff show.

I’m guessing the easiest fix would be to get it together and update to 1.31 so I can manipulate the ui. If there is a simple work around though I’d love to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.