• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Meanwhile in Pakistan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
I personally kinda lol'd at the whole scene.

They stormed a police academy with a circa 10-12 people, dressed as police officers or civilians and took an approx. 800 hostages. They also killed a reported number of 20 people (unofficially it's 60).

The next thing is: You got terrorists, you see. And the average terrorist's religion is the Islam right? And they think that the other religions are considered to be heresy right?

Now here's my question: Why do these terrorists keep blowing up their own mosques?

Now let's discuss this 'very' serious topic.

Note 1: The hostages are mostly police recruits.

Last edited:
Level 35
I personally kinda lol'd at the whole scene.

They stormed a police academy with a circa 10-11 people, dressed as police officers or civilians and took an approx. 800 hostages. They also killed a reported number of 20 people (unofficially it's 60).

800 policemen as hostages? No wonder levels of terrorism are so high if the terrorists are better trained than law enforcement. Too bad.. too bad..

The next thing is: You got terrorist, you see. And the average terrorist's religion is the Islam right? And they think that the other religions are considered to be heresy right?

Now here's my question: Why do these terrorists keep blowing up their own mosques?

When that was on the news, my whole family facepalmed. It's really weird indeed along with all the bombings that go down in Baghdad with usually 10-20 civilian victims to kill one policeman or soldier (in some cases, there's no policeman or soldier at all). I think that's some religious or sect opposition between muslim and muslim, I don't really know anything about that. Things like that happened too when the Russians were in Afghanistan. The Mujahedin were shooting each other when they weren't fighting the Russians.

Another case: When Afghanistan had a communist government (before the Russian invasion) a lot of schools, universities and factories were built. As the religious leaders were getting out of the picture, they provoked rebellions which went directly against these schools, universities and factories, just because they were built by commies. They literally destroyed their own wealth just because they were built by communists.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Islam, I'm against fanatism and stupidity like that. It's present in all religions.

Level 25
I've asked myself the same question..
Why so bloody strict on how your people live? Let them enjoy their life for once.

Nr2, what do they think will end with it? That everyone wants to live in peace under their command? The only thing they'll get in the end is a huge bloody missile.

Level 3

The mosque bombing? That's Shia vs. Sunni stuff. The Christian equivalent would be like Protestants and Catholics and Mormons bombing each others churches. Used to happen all the time but bombs weren't that easy to carry around back then. Now it's Islam's turn, but they get to play with bombs this time around.

Level 11
@ divine

1. Al-quida (I can't spell) pays more that the police force.

2. Sunni vs. Shiite like Elizabethan England with the Catholic church against her.

3. Look, if you are dressed like me (police officer talking) I will ass/u/me that you are a police officer (like me) and until you start shooting, I have no other reason to believe anything different. And remember, they were recruits.

4. Actually no. In the Qur'an Jews/Christians are given a high place in Muslim society compared to "heathen enemies" Jews/Christians are called "people of the book" because they are acknowledged to worship the same god. Just the three religions have different ways of getting to heaven and hell.

@nesatauri

I didn't see your post when I wrote the above section. But yeah.

@m4stah

Misinterpretation of the holy book according to some. To others its correct.. like the bible.. I want to say that Jesus was born in the spring, not in December.. but I wont go that far.

Level 25
The next thing is: You got terrorists, you see. And the average terrorist's religion is the Islam right? And they think that the other religions are considered to be heresy right?

Well the Islam are divided into many ... the main two parts are the Sunite and Chyite. After the prophet the divition happened. The sunite believe in the 3 kalifa after the prophet (abo baker and ...) the Chyite believe in 12 Imam the last one is Al-Mahdi who is the savior of the world that will show up with Jesus before Judgment day. well enough explaining and now to answer your question:
In some regions like in Iraq, Both Muslims hates each other and always fight :/ (and that is against what the Qu'uran say) so they think that they are the ultimate truth and that every one should be like them (aka extremist) so they destroy the other side Mosque :/ not there own (like the Mosque of one of the Imams for example) these people are really terrorists and are not considered as real Muslims :/ they are only called Muslims because they believe in "No God but Allah, And Mohamed his Prophet"
Hope I answered the confusion about muslims hurting themselves.

Level 11
I thought they split about 650 over the Umayyad's display of worldly wealth. And have since evolved.

EDIT: Sunni and Shi'a (or Shiite, Shite. Seen it both ways) and I believe that it is Shi'a splinter groups that are the "terrorists" you're talking about.

And that even in the 700s in the battle of Tours they would die for their cause. It sooooo deep rooted that that can't be just taken out of their lives.

Level 25
Nope Shi'a are not the Terrorists neither that the sunna.
Terrorists: are people who terrorize others
A Muslim becomes a terrorist when he understand his religion wrong and think that by killing himself he is going to heaven :/ and these people are chosen because they are stupid and simple minded and will do everything for the Leaders they follow (which are not considered as Muslims in there way of religion)
you cant choose one of the sides and decide that they are the terrorists :/ cause you don't have facts to prove your point. Shi'a and sunna have the same Main rules and sins and there difference is only in there history and few stuff and there prayers etc..
Killing any human or disrespecting his holy believes and symbols are both sins ... Big ones for Islam.
The problem is always relating terrorism to islam.
A terrorist does what he do for some reasons:
1- revenge (family killed in a war or something)
2- Tricked in the believe that he will enter heaven after a life full of unforgivable sins
3- some personal issues (like many schools tragedies) and many more
You cant really know something unless you have personal experience in it and that is the case for the Islamic religion and its parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.