• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Me again :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 39
It's driving me nuts!!! I just finished my Killrogg Deadeye model and now it doesn't work. I don't even get a chance to try it ingame! It won't even work in the viewer.
I just converted the texture file to a blp and tried it out in the viewer, and it pops up saying invalid value all the time, and the places I've used custom textures are all white!
I've spent a lot of time on this one, and would really like to upload it here, but I can't figure it out. It's driving me insane.
Here's how he's supposed to look:
attachment.php

But he looks like this:
attachment.php

And here's the error message that pops up:
attachment.php

I have a feeling that the problem is that I resized the skin so I could create an unmirrored face, but I have no clue how to fix it.

Here's how the skin looks:
attachment.php

As you can see I made the image larger to make place for the other side of the face among other things.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Attachments

• correct.jpg
    correct.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 269
  • incorrect.jpg
    incorrect.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 247
  • problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 185
  • skin.jpg
    skin.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 192
Level 39
They have to be those sizes?? Doh.

EDIT: Hmmm, I tried changing the image size to 512x512, but it still shows the same error :(
EDIT2: Nevermind, works now. So my only other option is to release it with a twice as big texture? :( :(
EDIT3: My life is saved! Turns out I can use 512x256 too, so I just had to tweak the UV a bit, and now it works. Thank you, thank you, thank you skrab!!! +rep

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.