• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MDS3 to MDX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
oh i am really noob at this :) i use milkshape couple days i try to do some easy object :) ... so i downloaded it but what to do with dll files? :) i am not good at this for now i ma learning about it :) ... but i need effect of easy object in warcraft 3 i do not know how to do with DLL files :D

Some things you need to know:

1) If you make a object with bones, you must to go to Tools/ZeroJoints, becouse if you don't do this, you'll fuck up the entire animation. So, when you finish putting the bones in your model, run ZeroJoints. If you add new bone to a existing bone structure, run ZeroJoint, it'll only affect the new bone.
2) If you put bones in a model, in the right panel in milkshape, under Joints menu, you must to put in the comment of every bone the word "linear", if you don't do this, the scaling of the bones is set to bezier, and it will cause strange things in the final model.
3)You need another program, I recomend you War 3 Model Editor to add the textures to your model. Milkshape don't hold your texture path when export the model, you need to open your model in this program and add the textures manually.

Level 23
3)You need another program, I recomend you War 3 Model Editor to add the textures to your model. Milkshape don't hold your texture path when export the model, you need to open your model in this program and add the textures manually.
Nuh-uh! Add "Path: Textures\Path\To\Texture.blp" to each material comment as appropriate. Okay, it doesn't do layers/etc so if you to get fancy you'll have to go it alone with Magos'; otherwise, this sets the path for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.