• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MDL Edits : Stuff left behind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hey im pretty new to mdl edits. i gave the demon hunter some of the blademaster animations. i got rid of the demon morphed meshes on it along with the lightning stuff from the morph. i also set the particle emitters to zero. however there's this black crap on the guy when he does a few animations (stand 1, attack, stand ready, and death). i dont think its a particle and i tried deleting every geoset thing (meshes?) except the actual body. niether of these got rid of it. it isnt animated or anything just kinda there(check the pic). anyone know what it is? ill put up the mdl if u need it to check it out.

One of the Animations with the black crap

One of the Animations w/o the black crap

Level 3
ok im gonna try removing each mesh one by one... i tried removing different meshes but they never made much of a difference or it would corrupt the model. yeah the little lightning stuff was just from a model edit that was like 10 tries back. im gonna keep toying with it, i thought it wasnt a mesh or something.

edit: ok i got it thanks

Level 3
ok, i got the black stuff all fixed up, but the hero glow is really screwy now as well. i just removed it but it started doing the corruption thing. when i was removing it i just went in oinker's vertex editor and removed corresponding geosets that were hero glow. not sure if u need to have a couple of those for the model to run or what. i would appreciate that mecheon. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.