• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Maze of Demon Doom

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Maze of Demon Doom, another maze map,

i used directions frmo http://www.freewebs.com/mazetutorials/startingamazemap.htm
other than that i made completly by myself, it consists of a revive trigger and a boot trigger to allow the game to go on forever for some, and end quite quickly for others.

Keywords:
maze, demon, doom, demon doom, slip, knot, maggot, _, slipknot_maggot, before, i, got, hi, high, before_I_got_hi, before_I_got_high, fun, time comsumi
Contents

Maze of Demon Doom (Map)

Reviews
15:05, 1st Jan 2009 Rui: 2 mini-moderators have voted for the rejection of this map. Your attitude doesn't seem very mature either. Use EpicWar if you still wish to have this map up. [highlight]Rejected[/code].

M

15:05, 1st Jan 2009
Rui:
2 mini-moderators have voted for the rejection of this map. Your attitude doesn't seem very mature either.
Use EpicWar if you still wish to have this map up. [highlight]Rejected[/code].

Level 31
This map have lot's of bad coding and setup. For example would this trigger below.

• Unit Collision
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 75.00 of Mazer 0000 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Mazer
    • Actions
      • Unit - Kill Mazer 0000 <gen>
You can just give a immolation ability to those unit with max damage and hide the immolation effect, so if they are too close to it. They would eventually get burn off and get killed.

Second, there isn't necessary for you to make a massive amount of region where it would kill the player unit shall it move out of the green tile.

You can just set it this way.

• Path
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Mazer) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Terrain type at (Position of (Picked unit))) Equal to Lordaeron Summer - Dirt
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
            • Else - Actions
As for this trigger of yours,

• CheckPoint Copy 5
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 058 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Mazer
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Mazer) and do (Unit - Kill (Picked unit))
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Show dialogs, Show scores))
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Game - Victory Player 2 (Blue) (Show dialogs, Show scores))
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Game - Victory Player 3 (Teal) (Show dialogs, Show scores))
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Game - Victory Player 4 (Purple) (Show dialogs, Show scores))
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Game - Victory Player 5 (Yellow) (Show dialogs, Show scores))
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Game - Victory Player 6 (Orange) (Show dialogs, Show scores))
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Game - Victory Player 7 (Green) (Show dialogs, Show scores))
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Game - Victory Player 8 (Pink) (Show dialogs, Show scores))
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Game - Victory Player 9 (Gray) (Show dialogs, Show scores))
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Game - Victory Player 10 (Light Blue) (Show dialogs, Show scores))
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Game - Victory Player 11 (Dark Green) (Show dialogs, Show scores))
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All enemies of Player 1 (Red)) and do (Game - Defeat Player 12 (Brown) with the message: Defeat!)
You can just set it to.

• CheckPoint Copy 5
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 058 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Mazer
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Mazer) and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All allies of Player 1 (Red)) and do (Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Show dialogs, Show scores))
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All enemies of Player 1 (Red)) and do (Game - Defeat (Picked player) with the message: Defeat!)
It's current status was unacceptable.

Level 31
First of all, if you cannot accept a negative review. You should not post your resouces at here considering that we have several serious/hardcore map reviewer at here.

Second, I am a moderator till I have been demoted by Development Director Rui because he wanted to reformat the map moderation team. You can just ask the staff and senior member at this site, everyone of them know about the reformation. If you do not believe I am had been a mod till this reformation, just check some rating 5 map with my comment at it.

Third, what I said is for your own good. Flamming/Trolling me won't do you any good, if you do not accept a negative review where it was pointing the flaw. Your mapping skill would never improve no matter what happen.

Fourth, we have a tons of pending map at map section. I am helping Ralle and our development director checking those resources at this moment. You can ask the owner of this site if you do not believe me.

Fifth, I am still a mod; a mini-mod. Mini-mod doesn't have any authority like mod/admin does have, but they have the capability to vote for the map to either be approve or reject.

Last edited:
Level 14
Im not going to go fully in-depth by this.

-The map lacks any attractive terraining skills.

-The map lacks variation throughout levels.

-Such reasons Septimus pointed out as well.

-Learning to take criticism is a major part in mapmaking. Do not forget that.

Vote Cast for: Disapproval

~Asomath