1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Maximum range?

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Notusedbefore, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Notusedbefore

Notusedbefore

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, I have been plagued by this ever since I started using editor. My problem is is that whenever I set a unit's attack range to something, say, 1000, it sets to 700-800 in game. I have no clue as of now how to fix it. I know it is simple to do, probably because a lot of games I seen dont have my problem.

I know it's a really dumb question, but please take a little time to answer... I checked in gameplay constants, and I couldn't find anything, but maybe I missed it....
    +rep for any help at all.

2. Xarxos

Xarxos

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have actually not thought about this earlier. But after testing a little with a rifleman, I found out that you need to change it's "Acquisition Range" as well as it's attack range, because apparently the attack range cannot be higher than the unit's acquisition range. So if the attack range is set to 1000, but the acquisition range is set to 700, the attack range will be 700.

3. HELL_YA

HELL_YA

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yes this is true because Acquisition Range is the attack sound so Blizzard fix the problem that if ur range is more then ur acquistion ange then it will set to ur acquistion range.

4. reason 3

reason 3

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You can change the Acquisition Range in Game Constants,set it to maximum...

5. Xarxos

Xarxos

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why change in game constants? Acquisition Range can be changed individually for every unit, at the top of the "Combat"-section in the Unit Editor. Or do you mean that you can change the default Acquisition Range for all units i gameplay constants, or something?

6. reason 3

reason 3

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yes that's what i mean,changing it manually for every unit is kinda boring if you want it to the max. and you have a lot of units in map that need to be changed.

7. Xarxos

Xarxos

Resources:
    Resources:
    I see, in that case it would be a good idea. But I think what he meant is that he just wants to increase the range of the units over their default value, and because the values couldn't be increased any further he thought he had reached the maximum value for range, and so he wanted to know how to increase that maximum value. But in fact he just had to increase the acquisition range, so there is no need to increase maximum range.

8. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Acquisition Range is the range that takes to notice an enemy unit and engage it.

Acquisition Range is located in the first line of "Combat" fields of every unit in Unit Editor.

But if you want to give a unit's attack range to be longer than Acquisition Range, you must make an upgrade based on Long Rifles, set the desired range, give this upgrade to to the desired unit, and make a trigger that makes this upgrade be researched at game start to every players.

9. Notusedbefore

Notusedbefore

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, awesome. I get it now... Thanks to all, and +rep.