• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Matrix (Unit empty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello everybody. Beauty?

I have doubts about the connections of units with models and everything in general. Because I created them in matrix (unit) to understand how the data editor of Galaxy.

I was wondering what is the secret of the connections of data?

Reason: I am wanting to do some guards with blood elf models of WoW. More I can (does not work) not do in the matrix.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What do you mean by "matrix"? As far as I am aware there is no part of SC2 that uses them.

Actors are used to create models in the play field. In the case of unit actors, these are attached to a unit and represent the unit. Actors are asynchronous so need not be created for the game to progress. Units are synchronous so do not require an actor to work.

Actors are created mostly using actor events defined on them that hook to events of other data types (such as unit creation for a unit actor). They can also be made using trigger script.

Level 9
What do you mean by "matrix"? As far as I am aware there is no part of SC2 that uses them.

Actors are used to create models in the play field. In the case of unit actors, these are attached to a unit and represent the unit. Actors are asynchronous so need not be created for the game to progress. Units are synchronous so do not require an actor to work.

Actors are created mostly using actor events defined on them that hook to events of other data types (such as unit creation for a unit actor). They can also be made using trigger script.

Is that use the Starcraft editor in Portuguese, then this written as a matrix.

I can not find where to add the model in the unit!
And every time I use the events he is red, which I know is error.

I have much more difficulty learning in the Galaxy, who own the World Editor.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You make a unit type actor have an event on unit creation that creates the actor (how all units in SC2 do it). The actor can even belong to 2 or more units (yes you can specify multiple creation events).

The actor defines what model is used. One of the fields is a model reference to a model entry which represents an interpretation of a model file.

Status
Not open for further replies.