1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Match Stick

Submitted by N41
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
My first model
It's a simple matchstick..

Tools Used:

GMax
Dexport (Script)
Notepad++
Magos' Model Editor

Update:

[01-02-2016]
-Remade the model

[04-02-2016]
-Remade Model
-Created attachment model

[15-02-2016]
-Removed the repair sound as suggested

Thankful to:

supertoinkz
WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Keywords:
matchstick, ward, fire, flame, match, kitchen, stick, wood
Contents

Match Stick (Model)

Match Stick (Model)

Reviews
23:32, 22nd Jan 2016 Misha: First of all, is this supposed to be a torch-like doodad or an attachment for a unit? O_o Second, really waay too many polygons for such a simple-looking model, everything on it should be reduced by 2/3, Will's...
  1. 23:32, 22nd Jan 2016
    Misha:
    First of all, is this supposed to be a torch-like doodad or an attachment for a unit? o_O
    Second, really waay too many polygons for such a simple-looking model, everything on it should be reduced by 2/3, Will's particles are cool, but maybe they too could be reduced. and lastly that's really flimsy stick part, compared to the burning part, make them both lill more even and also wrap the stick part a bit better

nice, useful. i would remove the annoying ticking sound on the standing one if i were you

2. N41

N41

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Thanks to Misha sorted all things asked by moderator.
    Still has few minor issues will try and fix.

Edit:
    Polygons are now 1/16 of original
    Note: Works as attachment.

Edit:
    Reduced as much faces as I can.
    I made it into a doodad version and attachment version.

Thanks.

Felt the same. Will update soon!

Edit:
    Does not make repair sound in Stand Work anims anymore.

---------
    Link to old model:
    Match Stick v1.0.2

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  3. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    That is much better, dude, but i think you could reduce it even more, for an example, the match-head doesn't need to have that many sides to it, and it also could loose one of the segments of its length and still have a good shape. also the current wrap of the match-head is stretched a lot on one segment, this could be fixed

and lastly, you still didn't tell me if you wanted this to be just a detail to put in the map, or if you want it to be held by a unit

4. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Pretty simple, but might be useful. Nice first model.

5. Mike

Mike

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Flame looks quite realistic. Good work)

6. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Too Simple but might be useful somehow :)