• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] mass teleport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
while casting mass teleport it will send 24 units right? well while casting the spell how would i make the units within range do as what the caster is doing, like if while the caster is casting it start spinning, the units with in range then start spinning in circles,

and then how would i move the units within range stacking on caster like they move on top of him

Level 12
1. Make whatever you want your caster to do in a trigger(spin, jump, die etc.) and then make Pick Every Unit within X Range of Caster and do Actions : Whatever your caster was doing

then it will happend at the same time
2. Move on top of him? like above?

Level 12
then it will be easier

• Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to SPELL
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick Every Unit in (Units within X Range of (Casting unit)) and do Actions:
      • Unit - Turn Collision Off for (Picked unit)
      • Unit - Move Instantly (Picked unit) to (Position of (Casting unit))
thats how to make the units surrounding (Casting unit) stack on top of him(not above). If you make this trigger, make sure that you make all these unit's Collision is turned On somehow, like adding every (Picked unit) into a group or something like that

if you want the units to gather around him and not stack, just simply remove the Unit - Turn Collision Off Action

One final thing, if this doesnt work, try making (Casting unit) into a Variable, and if that doesnt work, try replacing the Variable with (Triggering unit) instead, i dont actually remember if (starts the effect of an ability) "saves" (Casting unit) or not. If you got any questions or problems, just post here again :p

Level 12
Ok, let me work this out for you :p
1. in the first Pick every Unit, replace (Triggering unit) with (Picked unit)
2. if you read the "comments" of the "Pick every unit" action, it says that the loop shouldnt involve "Wait" actions, and i think that is what is causing the problem
3. A question, why Turn Off the Collision of the Casting unit?

Level 2
so the wait in the loop should i delete them? and when it says
Unit - Make (Picked unit) face 360.00 over .50 seconds

will it do the next action after .50 sections?

and i fixed it so picked unit lost collosion

Level 12
good

and no, the next action will not be preformed after the spin, just make a similar "Pick every unit" action with a "Wait" action in between

or you could make an advanced loop with variables, but i cant tell you how to do that tonight, gotta go up early tomorrow

Level 2
and no, the next action will not be preformed after the spin, just make a similar "Pick every unit" action with a "Wait" action in between

how would i make a wait between, explain :D

nvm i found out, gonna go test it now :D

Last edited:
Level 2
how would i make it so the casting unit WOULD not do the following stuff the units around it are doing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.