• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Mass Illusion spell trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey all

I want to make a hero's ultimate ability that creates an illusion of all nearby friendly units. I have tried to make triggers and make it work myself but I lack the knowledge in triggers to succeed.

I tried making a trigger that when a spell was cast (which was based on Fan of Knives) it chose randomly from your selected units and gave them a modified mirror image ability but I couldn't figure out how to make them cast it automatically.

I am relatively new to triggers (only made one so far that actually works the way I want it to) so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Level 1
Okay so I tried using the Unit - Issue order with no target and it worked!
Thank you both for the feedback!

Cheers

just run through the group of everyone around you and create a dummy unit that casts a spell based off of wand of illusion

When I tried that a short time ago I couldn't find out what's the order string for Wand of Illusion nor the unit ability (which I think doesn't exist) o_O

Is it possible to order it to cast Wand of Illusion (without using items)?

Status
Not open for further replies.