• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Testing Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I was wondering if there is a program that allows you to test your map without actually opening up wc3, or more likely, opens it up in a windowed mode so you can filp-flop between the two.

Level 6
That is cool man. It doesn't really matter that the test button doesn't work, I can now just save the map, then click on the windowed mode and start it up, and it works all the same, just I don't have to wait for the game to start up. Thanks again and + REP

Level 11
using the JASS NewGen pack (which is likely broken for right now due to the latest patch) you can open WC3 in windowed mode (not fullscreen) from the test map button in the WE. JNG also includes War3Err, a runtime script debugger which can provide some usefull error detection and crash prevention. (Should not be used to prevent crashes while actually atempting to play a map, FYI...) JNG also inclues JASS Helper (vJASS), pJASS (a syntax checker which will NOT crash WE!) and TESH (syntax highlighting for JASS code in the trigger editor)

The NewGen thread is over at Wc3c, here: http://wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=90999

Status
Not open for further replies.