• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Map size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi there! I have a slight problem. As you all probably know the maximum map size is about 250 squared. However I found two maps where the map size is about 400 squared. Does anyone here know how it is done?

P.S. I'm afraid the person whose map I have has retired from mapmaking so I can't contact and ask him/her.

Level 12
Use JassNewGenPack otherwise known as JNGP. This tool is for people who use JASS but can also destroy the limits of the normal W.E. Therefore you are able to change the map bounds to 480x480 and anywhere in between with this.

NewGen is useful for just about any aspect of MapMaking.

It allows (MUCH easier + more numerically) tile variation, pathability editing, and overall makes terraining a lot less restricted and mroe fun for us terrainers. And yes, allows 480x480 size. However, note that size does have some problems (Specifically with GameCache, in my experience).

Ofc, it's a must have for JASSers, but it also helps us GUI users by giving us more functions in GUI to use, so it restricts the GUI limits a little bit as well.

It enables you to have much more free reign over the Object Editor.

Also, it just gives you MANY more options than the standard WE in general.

So, I suggest using it.

Level 2
Use JassNewGenPack otherwise known as JNGP. This tool is for people who use JASS but can also destroy the limits of the normal W.E. Therefore you are able to change the map bounds to 480x480 and anywhere in between with this.

I found coloring text one of those useful things. :thumbs_up:
Makes descriptions lot prettier. :grin:

oh yeah, and there's no that annoying peon sound once WE starts up. :ogre_rage:

Level 19
Yeah, NewGen is good. By the way, will there be another version of NewGen or some other new World Editor that somebody's working on?

Status
Not open for further replies.