• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Map Size Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, i have recently finished a map. It has a minimap preview image, and a custom loading screen, and it also has many custom skins and a model. I finally finished it today, and now when i try to host it, after i click make game, it tells me the file size is too large and to please select another map. Anyone know something i can do to make it smaller? Thanks.

Level 5
Wrong forum. Edit this into nothingness and post in the maps forum. I will not answer this, because of 2 reasons:
- This is common sense
- This thread is in the wrong category

Level 2
All the added models are causing

your map size to run over 4 mb which is the limit blizz placed on lan and b.net maps because of server issues and download times. If you go to save as and right click--->properties on your save file you can see how large the map is exactly which will give you an idea of how much extra you would need to cut out. The only way of lowering the map size is to remove custom models or else edit the custom models and textures to be smaller. Textures are pretty easy to fix but you would need paintshop and the file extractor (not sure where they are located) then compress the textures to be much smaller. There is a tut somewhere on how to do this.

And do put this in the maps forum.

Level 3
take out custom sounds and music to, ppl always add those and they are so big most of the time they arent worth it, also i heard rumors about quests making file size bigger... or was that just making loading time bigger.. i forget but whichever dont have to many quests lol

Status
Not open for further replies.