• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with a low size Load Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm using a tutorial to create a load screen on youtube.

YouTube - Warcraft 3 - Custom Loading Screen Tutorial

My problem is, the lowest size I have gotten the loadscreen to turn out is 455Kb. My whole map is only 295Kb, so almost tripling the map size for the load screen is not possible.

I would be very gracious if an expert could take the image below and convert it to a loading screen between 150-200Kb. I think I need the LoadingScreen.mdx and the blp file. I really don't care about the quality. As long as it resembles the original image. Heck it could even be black and white if that helps.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5044/loadscreencs5.png

Thanks

Level 12
Have you converted the screen to a BLP? No? Ohh!

Good job not checking the TUTORIALsection for a LOADING SCREEN TUTORIAL.

Level 17
Give him a break, here they are converted.

25% Quality looks better but is bigger then the 10% quality one.
Just pick the one you like best.

Use wc3viewer to convert images to blp and use it's quality option to adjust the size.

Attachments

• loadscreencs5 at 25%.BLP
    165.8 KB · Views: 98
  • loadscreencs5 at 10%.BLP
    97.9 KB · Views: 75
Level 12
Give him a break, here they are converted.

25% Quality looks better but is bigger then the 10% quality one.
Just pick the one you like best.

Use wc3viewer to convert images to blp and use it's quality option to adjust the size.

They don't learn anything if you baby them, besides the fact that there are people who will baby them.

Status
Not open for further replies.