• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map script problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Although I realise there is a triggers/scripts forum, at the same time it could also belong at the tools forum. All in all, it's world editor related, so I just posted it here.

I am using World Editor Newgen 1.5 (on patch 1.22, although I've had the same problems at patch 1.21b!!), but I've also tried everything with vanilla world edit.

I'm trying to open the following map: Myriad.
Whenever I open it, with vanilla editor or newgen, I get following errors (in following order):

Error 1
Trigger function does not exist in database:
Error 2
Trigger function does not exist in database: 45.00
Error 3
Trigger function does not exist in database: aceUnitBJ
Error 4
This application has encountered a critical error:
Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Program: D:\\...
Object: .PAVCWETriggerFunction@@

Press OK to terminate the application.

Error 1 is quite strange, because there isn't even a wrong function specified in the error. It's just whitespace.
Error 2 is a real?
Error 3 probably is supposed to be ReplaceUnitBJ, but it doesn't say so.
Error 4... well it crashes there.

It's been confirmed by other people that
- the map is unprotected
- the map can be opened by anyone else

I've also opened the map with an MPQ editor and I've concluded that:
- the script seems fairly ok, I don't see anything wrong with it
- the war3map.wtg file... Well I don't know how it's supposed to look like, but I suspect this is causing the problems on my computer. Mainly because if I import the mapscript in another map, it works correctly (although the triggers don't show up in the editor - which is normal I think), but if I import the war3map.wtg file, I get the same errors upon opening.

If I open the map in vanilla editor, I get different errors although they're of the same "genre". One of them was: Trigger function does not exist in database: DisplayTextToPlayer

All those triggerfunctions are functions found in common.j
If I use those in my own maps, everything works correctly.

I have no idea what's wrong. Could anyone suggest something?

Level 21
I've also asked that, but that wasn't the problem either I think.

Thinking of it, what MIGHT be a problem is that in newgen there's the option to make GUI actions use the native functions instead of BJ functions (I think it's an UMSWE feature). Maybe that's the case in that map, and therefor it cannot load the GUI. I've actually thought of this, but I haven't been able to activate that feature in my newgen editor. I've tried and tried but I never actually managed to get it to work properly, so how would you "activate" the "advanced" GUI in world edit newgen?

Level 21
I haven't heard of that option for NewGen though.

Check the attachment for UMSWE manual. It claims to have these advanced trigger functions. By the way: the attachment is .w3x cause I can't upload .html... Just rename it and it'll work.

But seriously, just try it with WeU, because I know for a fact that's one of the most commonly used "added GUI functions" in WeU.
Well...
I'm still quite sure that can't be the problem. For several reasons:
- Why can other people with newgen open the map?
- Why would someone lie about it when I ask if there are still any WEU functions in it?
- How could other people open it ANYWAY since WEU doesn't seem to work correctly anymore since patch 1.20?

I will try it out, but I'm quite sure it won't work. By the way: could you try opening the map in the first post with newgen? At least that'll be that...

Attachments

• UMSWEManual.w3x
    15.9 KB · Views: 482
  • triggers.gif
    triggers.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 389
Level 40
- Why can other people with newgen open the map?
You can hook WeU to NewGen.

I will try it out, but I'm quite sure it won't work. By the way: could you try opening the map in the first post with newgen? At least that'll be that...
I'm on vacation and thus lack WarCraft.

- How could other people open it ANYWAY since WEU doesn't seem to work correctly anymore since patch 1.20?
WeU works fine in 1.21.

- Why would someone lie about it when I ask if there are still any WEU functions in it?
Well, if it uses UMSWE, same thing really, but yeah.

Update: tried WEU and I'm getting a lot of similar errors:

Trigger function does not exist in database: CreateTimer
Trigger function does not exist in database: CreateTrackable

etc.etc. On top of that, I'm even kinda sure there aren't any trackables being used at all.
That's odd... it's probably just something weird the creator did, or with your machine. T'would be good to get someone else here who can actually test it.

Level 21
You can hook WeU to NewGen.
Good Point I guess... Didn't know that though. How exactly do you do that?

I'm on vacation and thus lack WarCraft.
Ok... But why are you on your pc on vacation :p

WeU works fine in 1.21.
Really? I've been told it's buggy (well, more buggy than it was before)

That's odd... it's probably just something weird the creator did, or with your machine. T'would be good to get someone else here who can actually test it.

The map script doesn't look like the creator has been doing really weird stuff. Maybe it's because of my machine, although I still wouldn't know why.
And other people have already tried opening the map with newgen and succeeded. Ofcourse it'd be good if someone else here would do so, but they probably wouldn't get those errors

Level 21
If UMSWE is the problem, which I think it is, it would be quite logical.
In the UMSWE folder I've found files like
TriggerDataAddon.txt, TriggerStringsAddon.txt, WorldEditStringsAddon.txt.
Thsoe all contain patches of text which apparently could fit in at the TriggerData.txt in the UI folder in my warcraft 3 MPQ archives. Apparently those addons haven't been injected in the MPQ files, for a reason I don't know. It might also explain why I usually get those "WESTRING_HIDDENMODELS string not found" messages at starting world edit newgen. Only, I don't know how I can inject them myself. I've tried some stuff already, but the problem is that like every MPQ archive seems to have them. war3.mpq has a TriggerData.mpq, war3x too, war3local too. I know it checks the most recent mpq archive first, but the problem is: war3patch.mpq seems to be the most recent mpq file. Sadly, if I open war3patch.mpq there's no listfile, so I have no idea what files I need to overwrite there.

EDIT: whoever moved it here, this is no discussion about a script not working so it doesn't belong here.

EDIT2: Vex solved it. I had an "UI" folder in warcraft 3 directory, which wasn't allowed if I wanted UMSWE to work correctly. For some reason this "bug" isn't mentioned anywhere...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.