• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] problem: trying to get rid of world editor unilimited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hello everyone,

i built a map with "world editor unlimited". it´s quite big one with a long script. i decided to stop using WEU, as it does not support hashtables... and i heard about other issues with WEU, too.
i know about the problem, that the map can´t be opened by the standard WE, as it uses some of the WEU custom functions (like "DisplayTextToPlayer" or "RemoveLocation").
my solution was either to workaround specific issues, using standard functions instead or just converting to custom text. I used MPQ Master to read the script-files within the map and find that triggers.
i tried to open the map with WE, noted the error-message and searched with notepad for specific functions. when i´ve finished "cleaning" the triggers, i tried again opening it with WE. another error message appeared. I searched for that one, too and so on...

MY PROBLEM:
When i try to open the map with WE now, the error message is:
"trigger function does not exist in database: IssuePointOrderLocBj"

how is that possible? IssuePointOrderLocBj is a standard function...?

i already tried to convert all triggers to custom text and it worked, but i don´t really want to have ALL converted.

i would appreciate help on this one. thx

Level 2
Thx. I will try to change any integer references tomorrow.

EDIT:
It finally worked. I´m able to open my map with the WE again. As u suggested, there was a single reference issue. thank you!

Last edited:
Level 2
even if this thread is closed, if wanted to add something.

i encountered another problem with my map. i was able to open it, but when i tried to save it, the WE crashed trying to validate the script. there was no error message, WE just crashed. i removed the WEU and reinstalled and patched the game, just in case. after that the WE still crashed everytime i wanted to save that map.
then i tried to open and save it with the jassnewgenpack. that didnt work either, but jngp managed to give me an error message, stating more syntax errors. this way i was able to recognize and remove the remaining errors from the script. these were mostly animation names, given as presets from the WEU. now the map runs without problems...

just thought this could help, if someone else encounters the same errors...

Status
Not open for further replies.