• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I would really appreciate it if you guys would put a program to unprotect maps that is compatible with PC's, there is one up but it is for Macs and I dont have a Mac along with most of the rest of the world. Thank you

Level 2
I am new just not a newb. Newb implies you dont know what your doing. I didnt intend to steal anyones ideas or remake the map or anything, Im just trying to make a survival map and it would be a lot easier for me to learn how to do it if I had a model to see how they did the different triggers. I learn better by example. This way I dont spend 3 years trying to learn something I could learn in 2 minutes. And I was unawares that this site didnt support unprotecting when the creator has an entire page about how he supports unprotecting and goes into great detail about it. In fact you have a download link for an unprotector in your website. Its just for macs like i said. But thank you for your brilliant input all. Im glad your so well informed about the website your moderating

Level 2
Level 2
hmmm

reign is smarter then "sopho". Wow, I love that name. So cool and makes him seem like hes like.. powerful. I like how he had to put moderator on his image because he was probably mad it didnt display it anywhere when he posted. Poor guy, just lookin for a friend, or even to look tough. Overall hes just a dumb noob himself who posts a lot cause he has no life outsida the computer. CONGRATS ON MODERATING A WEBSITE! YOUR GUNNA BE RICH AND FAMOUS! GOD I WISH I HAD YOUR POWER SO I COULD CALL PEOPLE NOOBS WHEN THEIR NOT! Sopho is my hero..

Level 2
waaait

WAIT! I TAKE IT ALL BACK! If you have 2194 posts, you gotta have a life. Sorry bout that sopho!

Level 25
... Excuse me? That is a MPQ editor, not a map unprotecter.

MPQ files are data files, in which all WC3 data is stored. Anywho, you want to make some random map? Trigger it yourself. Or, better yet, ask the people who made the original map how they made triggers. Its obvious that they either don't want people editing their map or using their triggers if they've protected it.

What you're doing is almost like the creators of Linux or Macintosh saying "Oh, I want to make my own operating system but Microsoft is mean and won't let me see their code! Rather than try and code it up over a few years, I'll just hack into a Microsoft computer and see how they did it so I can throw a cheap run off in two minutes!"

So yes, if its a survival map its probably "Every 60 seconds when random creature is dead spawn another random creature at point random point" or something like that. The person who made the map had to code it from scracth, no reason anyone else shouldn't have to

Status
Not open for further replies.