• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Map Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Well . When I deprotected my map , I got a bunch of JASS triggers in one category . But The game cancels the map when creating a game containing this map . When I save it by Normal Editor , It gives me a lot or errors of Jass Syntax . But I use JNGP to not see errors and i save it normally .
HEELP:

Level 8
When you protect a map, the tool will delete all unnecessary stuff. Like GUI triggers are turned into jass and OE items disappear. When you deprotect a map, the only salvageable stuff imo is the terrain and maybe you can learn out of the jass trigger but you'll have to start all over with the GUI.

Protection tools will often delete editor-specific files, especially the war3map.wtg (triggers). That file determines how the actual triggers appear in the trigger editor--but the true code behind it is compiled into the war3map.j. Because of this, the war3map.wtg file can be deleted without affecting the map playability. However, without a war3map.wtg, the map will not be able to be opened in the World Editor.

In order to resolve this, deprotection tools attempt to rebuild the war3map.wtg file. This is only to allow it to be opened in the editor. Since the war3map.wtg is deleted without any traces of it saved, the war3map.wtg is just generated based on the war3map.j and only stores JASS code. It would be nearly impossible/incredibly annoying to convert a war3map.j back to GUI code.

Now, the deprotection tool has done that just to allow it to be opened. However, there may be errors in the construction of the war3map.wtg. You have to fix those yourself. Every time you save, the map will compile the war3map.j again, even if it has syntax errors. Because you saved the map when it had errors, it won't open in wc3 because wc3 can't properly load the map.

Ergo, you have to reorganize it or work out the errors before you can play the map. Just note you won't be able to get the GUI triggers back unless you convert them/remake them yourself. If you would like help on the forum, please provide some proof that the map that you are editing is your own. Otherwise I'll have to close this, as we don't support deprotection of other people's works.

Status
Not open for further replies.