• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Object Limit Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi,
Im new to the site, but not to warcraft, however recently, I have begun editing my maps, right now, I have run into a slight problem, I need to put more trees on my map to fill it up, but it wont allow me to save it if I put anymore on there, it says I have exceeded the map object limit...Is there anyway to raise this limit or get around it?

Level 2
Maybe

The quick answer is no but there are ways such as createing tree looking units for a computer player and making there armor wood i think... and making it's movement to zero and it's turn time to like 1000 or something. Not sure it will work but that's the best idea i have.Then you also have a unit max so.....
Good Luck

Level 6
One thing you should probably know is that the more object variables you have, the more it lags and the longer it takes to load the map. So think about why you need that many first. Good luck
-Blue

Level 8
Consider cutting down on the number of trees by spreading them out a little more, interspersing them with other doodads like rocks and deadwood and the like, and altering the terrain so that you don't just have large flat areas stock full of trees.

Additional things to consider: the limit for destructibles is much lower than for all doodads, since destructibles require substantially more information to exist. If your trees don't need to be harvested, you'd be doing yourself and your players a big service if, instead of destructibles, they were just doodads. You can't use the dynamic textures on doodad trees, however, so if you want to use anything besides Barrens trees (which have a doodad version), you should find and download RodOfNOD's pack of trees from Wc3Campaigns, which have been altered to find their textures staticly.

Lastly, if you want the trees to be laid out sparsely but still be impassable, you can make a large modelless ground pathing blocker doodad (again, not destructible) and place it around the edges of your tree line. If you turn pathing visible by hitting 'P' in the main editor window, you can see any possible gaps that units could work their way through, and holding shift when placing the blocker will allow you to place it over existing doodads, as long as they aren't concentric.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
three more things;
1) if you just want the trees to cut them and gain wood, go to Destructibles and set the life of the tree tipe you want to harvest to 99999 (witch is the max). I can explain better if you want me to. Just say it if you didnt understood.

2) If you want the trees to be an enviroment and not to be harvested or harmed then you go to Enviroment and some of the tilesets may have indestructible trees, witch i dont belive to count as a normal tree and it will not give you the message (but im not shure through...).

3)Note that editing more than units requires TFT/Unlimited World Editor.

If you didnt understand half of the things send me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.