• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Neutral/Hostile Limit Exceeded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I was searching and I found a post about "Object limit" which I'm guessing is similar to this- When I was placing creeps for my map, suddenly in the lower left corner of my World Editor, it says "Maximum number of neutral units and hostile buildings exceeded!" (513/512) If I put more than the "limit" will it affect my map negatively? Can you exceed it without drawbacks?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Try adding them with triggers, as the fewer units out at one the better (look at TKoK or other good RPGS which spawn on demand or recycle).

You can however use third party tools to ignore the limits without any problems. The only negative side to exceeding the limit is it puts more load on the WC3 engine (not any more than usual but remember that some opperations are O(N) so will increase linearly) and thus your system requirements will sky rocket (at 5000 units you will be lucky to get the map to even load let alone be playable).

Like I said, I advise creating a smart spawn system which only creates the units when they are actually able to be faught so as to keep the number of units on the map at any one time to a minimal.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
There are no more options availale to you than using a third party tool to remove the limit (like WE no limits if that still works) or using triggers to create the units during the game (in which case there is no limit).

The step above the second method which is more recommended is to actually make the units only when needed as this will make your map a lot more playable (slower systems will run it with better performance).

Status
Not open for further replies.