• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MAP LEAKS LIKE HELL, UNPLAYABLE

Can someone help?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello fellow fans of World Editor, I recently made a map and I spent over 20 hours in desperate attempts to fix the problem I get. The map is still not completed and it is early Alpha/Beta version but the problem about it is that when I turn AI to play, no matter if there is 1,2 or 11 AI players the map starts to lag like hell and just freeze the screen. For faster testing I used "warpten" and "greedisgood 999999" cheat codes so AI starts developing much faster and make more units. Please I never asked for help with Threads before this, this is my first time in life, I am actively using World Editor for over 5 or more years and I never get in this much trouble. I already saw problems with leaks and I know how to fix them, I checked every trigger for leaks and I could not find any. I think there is some other problem that goes over my reach. Any help will be precious. Thanks in advance!

Important elements of the map.

Map size: Epiz (Full size: 256x256/ Playeble size: 244x244)
Player allowed in map: 12
Doodads count: Around 6000 (It is not above the limit)
Triggers count: 57 active triggers and couple of more inactive triggers made just for testing and fun
Maximum food production per player: 200 (double then normal maps use)

If needed I can show pictures triggers and other stuff from inside the map, I can do Skype call to connect with someone who know how to fix this. The map will be uploaded here so you can test it yourself.

Attachments

• The Ancient Fatherland BETA.w3x
    4.8 MB · Views: 97
Level 12
Screenshot_1.png

Umm does it open for you fine?

Level 4
okey, so you need help in your triggering, but we have to decipher what the hell is happening while playing???

You're asking us to get X in the equation, but the equation also has Y,Z,T,V as unknowns too
I think that there is no leaking triggers in that map, I can send you the triggers that might leak, but I truly believe the problem must be in some other aspect.

Level 4
It means that if the map is an island map you will get a lot of lag. Only solution is to put bridges between all pathing islands so the AI can walk where ever it wants. Waygates might also work and make more sense on islands.
But I have bridges connecting the islands and couple of waygates already in the map, as I see there is no solution and the map is completely broken :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Well I am just giving out general advice, not like I even tried the map.

Another cause of AI performance problems is if an AI base is too small. It will try to build buildings but as it has no space to the routine to find a construction place will take a long time to complete and hence cause frames to be dropped.

If you want any more, you will have to provide an editable version of the map. Do you honestly expect us to read the JASS scripts directly and find the problems?

Level 4

Another cause of AI performance problems is if an AI base is too small. It will try to build buildings but as it has no space to the routine to find a construction place will take a long time to complete and hence cause frames to be dropped.

If you want any more, you will have to provide an editable version of the map. Do you honestly expect us to read the JASS scripts directly and find the problems?
Yes, I saw AI trying to build base but got no space for it, maybe that is the problem, as my map is big a lot i will need some time to change every starting position (there is 30 of them) and tomorrow will test it and post the results here, if that fix do not work then I will get in contact with you if you agree and give you the editable version of the map, we can use Skype/Facebook/Discord or personal message here on this site. If you agree?

Level 4

I made every starting base much bigger and it seems that it is reducing the lag a lot, the map is now playable but still lags a bit, ether the AI still miss some space to build or there is some other thing making them lag, is there anything more I should change?

Also big thanks to you my brother you just saved me!

Level 4
How big is the map (dimensions)? I recall some people saying that on massive maps, like 480*480, the AI path finding/route finding becomes very demanding and can cause frame drops when deciding where to move.

Map size: Epiz (Full size: 256x256/ Playeble size: 244x244)
Player allowed in map: 12
Doodads count: Around 6000 (It is not above the limit)
Triggers count: 57 active triggers and couple of more inactive triggers made just for testing and fun
Maximum food production per player: 200 (double then normal maps use)

Level 4
Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
it does what it is supposed to do
Which is?
What you probably meant...
Every 121 to 180 seconds do...
What it actually is doing...
At map initialization: X = Resolve a random real between 121 to 180
Every X seconds do...
This is a fairly common mistake people make as they do not realise that the arguments passed to event constructors are resolved only once at map initialization. The correct solution is to use a timer which is started at map initialization and get the trigger itself to restart the timer to a timeout between 121 and 180 as part of its actions, meaning the period between weather changes is random rather than the frequency between weather changes.

It probably is not leaking a weather effect. Just to be safe assign the weather effect to a global variable and destroy that before creating new weather effects.

With that your map is most likely leak free.

Level 4
Which is?
What you probably meant...

What it actually is doing...

This is a fairly common mistake people make as they do not realise that the arguments passed to event constructors are resolved only once at map initialization. The correct solution is to use a timer which is started at map initialization and get the trigger itself to restart the timer to a timeout between 121 and 180 as part of its actions, meaning the period between weather changes is random rather than the frequency between weather changes.

It probably is not leaking a weather effect. Just to be safe assign the weather effect to a global variable and destroy that before creating new weather effects.

With that your map is most likely leak free.
Thank you on your advices my friend you saved me, now is 3:54 AM so my brain is all out of power, I will work out on this tomorrow I really need to take a break. Thank you a lot my brother, if you wish I can add you on some social media or Skype/Discord just to have you in my friend list.

Status
Not open for further replies.