• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] PLEASE HELP!

Help me?

• I might know something

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I do not know what to do

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello fellow fans of World Editor, I recently made a map and I spent over 20 hours in desperate attempts to fix the problem I get. The map is still not completed and it is early Alpha/Beta version but the problem about it is that when I turn AI to play, no matter if there is 1,2 or 11 AI players the map starts to lag like hell and just freeze the screen. For faster testing I used "warpten" and "greedisgood 999999" cheat codes so AI starts developing much faster and make more units. Please I never asked for help with Threads before this, this is my first time in life, I am actively using World Editor for over 5 or more years and I never get in this much trouble. I already saw problems with leaks and I know how to fix them, I checked every trigger for leaks and I could not find any. I think there is some other problem that goes over my reach. Any help will be precious. Thanks in advance!

Important elements of the map.

Map size: Epiz (Full size: 256x256/ Playeble size: 244x244)
Player allowed in map: 12
Doodads count: Around 6000 (It is not above the limit)
Triggers count: 57 active triggers and couple of more inactive triggers made just for testing and fun
Maximum food production per player: 200 (double then normal maps use)

If needed I can show pictures triggers and other stuff from inside the map, I can do Skype call to connect with someone who know how to fix this. The map will be uploaded here so you can test it yourself.

Attachments

• The Ancient Fatherland BETA.w3x
    4.8 MB · Views: 49
Level 11
I did a quick test, with 12 players, everything went fine for a while, and after I trained a hero it started to freeze all of a sudden. My computer is not too bad either.
Edit: second test without any hero. It freezes anyway, I guess first time was a coincidence. The game freezes after a few minutes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.