• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Init not Working (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Ok I've posted this problem b4 but I'm making another one with new questions because my other thread was too long already so here goes.

I just found out that all of my custom sounds are not working anymore meaning some things that are initialized at map init are not being initialized anymore.

I just wanna ask, is 123 global array variables all with array sizes of 1 too much?

And is 2660 global variables too much?

I've heard of this solution b4. One of the guys I found who had the same problem said that he had 3 arrays with sizes of 8000? That's too much. But how about 123 arrays with sizes of 1?

Level 8
My map is scary, it's a big mess. I've posted it here b4 in my other thread but I don't want anybody to see it again. I promise you, it's a huge mess.

All that matters is my map init and the things that I've mentioned.
Here's my map init, I changed it to elapsed game time to 0 for now because map init is not working and my customs sounds are not working too.

• map init
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Apply a filter over 2.00 seconds using Normal blending on texture Black Mask, starting with color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) and 0.00% transparency and ending with color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) and 100.00% transparency
      • Game - Set the time of day to 12.00
      • Game - Turn the day/night cycle Off
      • Sound - Set music volume to 0.00%
      • Environment - Create at Region 000 <gen> the weather effect Rays Of Light
      • Environment - Turn (Last created weather effect) On
      • Environment - Create at Region 003 <gen> the weather effect Rays Of Light
      • Environment - Create at Region 081 <gen> the weather effect Rays Of Light

Level 20
My map is scary, it's a big mess. I've posted it here b4 in my other thread but I don't want anybody to see it again. I promise you, it's a huge mess.

Here's my map init, I changed it to elapsed game time to 0 for now because map init is not working and my customs sounds are not working too.

• map init
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Apply a filter over 2.00 seconds using Normal blending on texture Black Mask, starting with color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) and 0.00% transparency and ending with color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) and 100.00% transparency

Cause you set the Music Volume to 0%. Oh and, you know, you can right click regions then set their weather effect :p

Level 8
What's wrong with the music volume turning to 0. It works properly. All of the actions. The problem is that it doesn't work at map init. It works perfectly b4 but now it doesn't.

Can you comment on what I said about my arrays and variables. What do you think about that.

Thanks for the region and weather by the way, I never actually knew that.

Level 16
What's wrong with the music volume turning to 0. It works properly. All of the actions. The problem is that it doesn't work at map init. It works perfectly b4 but now it doesn't.

Can you comment on what I said about my arrays and variables. What do you think about that.

Thanks for the region and weather by the way, I never actually knew that.

For my opinion for your variables you don't seem in trouble with 123
and if u set sound volume to 0% no sound will be heard

now try doing the same thing (with map initialization sounds) with a new test map

I'm a bit conserned with you cz my map now is about 7.7 MB and i run sounds at map initialization (no sound) :ogre_datass:

and 2660 is a bit TOO MUCH

Level 29
a post on ur problem from ur first thread

I tested the map you uploaded earlier and can't even get the map to properly compile with Newgen WE. It's getting stuck on saving the triggers.

However, all I could say after seeing the triggers was "KILL IT WITH FIRE!!". :/
No offense, seriously, but how the fuck did you manage to create a map that takes LONGER to load in the editor than maps with dozens of highly complex systems, 50k+ doodads and 480x480 map size?

With efficient triggering, you could get rid of 95% of your triggers and variables. At some places, you copy and pasted the same trigger 16 times just to make it MPI!
All I can say is... do yourself a favour, read some tutorials about efficient coding and start all over again, please. :/
Keep the terrain and object data, but get rid of the triggers and start it from scratch. It's a MESS!
Even if you manage to find what is blocking your init trigger (I think it's the fadefilter; I checked the wrapper and fadefilters DO use timers), there is no way you can ever complete that map and make it performant enough to be able to actually play it multiplayer, cause there is so many 32 fps timer events that your map will lag like hell.

I'm not trolling you here. I'm dead serious! You will *never* get this map to work in multiplayer like this.

Remove everything, read tutorials and start again. This will not go anywhere, I promise!

optimize ur map then see if ur problem is still there its as simple as tht

Level 8
Optimize as in with Vexorian Map Optimizer?

@DotCa thank u 4 dat I'll decrease my variables right away

But can someone tell me why my map init is not working, is it because I have too much variables?

Another thing, is 1001 triggers too much too?

Level 8
ok, but is a really long trigger ok?

I actually split most of my triggers because if I put them all in one trigger it would be really messy, that's why I decided to just split them all in to many triggers.

You've seen my map right? You probably have an idea how some of the triggers work.

Level 8
Is it possible for you to give me an example? Especially the ones in the dungeon monsters and dungeon skills trigger folder.

I was thinking of compiling them in to one big trigger but I'm afraid that it will lag because there's gonna be a lot of actions and conditions in one trigger.

Level 7

• map init
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions

why not just use map initialization and if this isnt part of it why not just add a run trigger in map init?

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
His map initilazation don't work.... Still don't know why
It must work, he just messed some triggers or one of them and it trigger something that makes map init don't work. By the way, colinjames12, I suggest you to start creating easy maps, else you don't learn or it's difficult learning when doing things that you aren't sure. 8 years ago, i started map making, my maps were like nothing, no triggers, no custom units. Then i started to wondering how the map makers did custom units and that stuff, then i noticed some icons at top of the editor, and checked out them, tested many times, and with triggers too, then i started to make easy maps, with leaks, obviously I was new to the editor. 1 year later I bought TFT and then I tested again many new things, some of my maps were lagging and I didn't know why, then I watched on youtube and sites talking about lag and leaks. Then I mastered gui triggering and object editor. I developped then to an area of importing skins icons, textures, units, and other warcraft III files, how to convert TFT abilities to RoC and units too. From 3 years and now on I've trying to understand jass, not vjass( because my anti-virus doesn't allow jngp on my computer, detects it as a virus and I still didn't find out how to disable this kind of anti-virus). To sum up, what I'm trying to say is not to start with complicated maps when you are knew to the editor or you don't know well how to work with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.