• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Map idea*

Status
Not open for further replies.

_PV

_PV

Level 7
Hey people. So i got this awesome idea for a RPG type of map, i already began trying out the possibilities in the map editor, and wondered:
you start with your hero, a villager (i have 5 models for differant villagers), Male or female. Then as you start in the World, you begin small as a peasant, exploring the world and getting money through labour. There are to be 4 differant realms, 1. The city (where it all begins), 2. The nocturnal forest, 3. The hostile enviroment (e.g. the merc and rouge country) then 4. The Evil domain (where the source of evil exists.). Money is used to purchuse weaponry and to train in a certain element and class (e.g. you meet with a hydromancer at the lake, he offers his elemental skill training for a small fee. then you gain skills from him depending on your class)
Classes: what determines your class? e.g. you worked at the monestary and gained 1000 gold in total over the time you worked there, then your class is a Priest Adept. here are the different classes with their perks and a minor description:
The Priest (adept, master and paladin)- healing masters, capible of reincarnating and has speciel healing powers. (weak in combat). to attain class, must follow the holy career path.

The Mage(Magi, geomancer and invoker)- spell and elemental masters, all rounders with elemental abilities. to attain class, must collect knowledge of the world, attain recipes or ingriediants. (e.g. a hermit type hero)

The Bandit(renegade, rouge and mercenary)- Agile beings, capible of thievery and master the art of stealth. to attain class, must follow the bandit career path (e.g. mugging civilians and stealing from homes.) To become a renegade and progress to a mercanary, you must go to the hostile enviroment to join different clans or parties.

The Soldier(lieutenant, captain and general)- Combat masters, they are the enforcers of the king. They attain the peace and order in the city and are prime targets for bandits. To attain class, you must be a vigilante, fighting crime in the city, or be recruited by the platoon. To progress through the ranks, you have to kill bandits. (e.g. 20 bandits gives you a promotion to lieutenant)

The Dark follower(acolyte, necromancer and death knight)- Evil beings, aiding the cause of the darkside. They master the dark arts and are an unwelcome sight to the locals. To follow this path, you must complete demonic prophacies, spread the word of the coming evil and raise the dead. (e.g. the greater the prophacy you fulfill, the better rank you attain). acolytes and necromancers are treated neutrally by the locals, but death knights have no allies but the darkside.

Barbarian(blademaster, beastmaster and warlord)- strong heroes (tanks) capible of enduring much damage and infllicting damage. Their weak point is that thei ability to weild spells and elements is limited. to attain class, you must oppose bandit clans in the badlands and join war tribes in the hostile enviroment. The locals have no problem with 1 or 2 barbarian presant, but 5 or 6 may arrouse thoughts of an incoming invasion to take place.
Lastly:

The Guardian(avenger, angel and Demi-god)- Holy beings, they see over one being, acting as his/her guardian angel, protecting him/her, and combating the evil power. They master the power of the offencive light, bringing forth the wrath of the gods to quell the evil.

Those were the classes. now for the elements:
-water
-fire
-wind
-lightning
-earth

this is about what i've conjured in my mind sofar. Comments, critics, advice, all is welcome:thumbs_up: i am also in dire need of somebody who can help me (please, an advanced trigger creater) i have the terrain and object editor under control, just need somebody who is willing to help with advancd triggers (e.g. possibly add a save/load feature into the game:wink:)

Thanks for listening to me. The stroy is still under constructio:goblin_boom:

((P.S the goal of this thread is to hear what the people think of my idea, if it's going to be cool or is the boat going to sink))

Level 8
:D

(Sorry, but it always irks me to see a class named after makeup).

Or a color in french :D

Anyways, I agree with CyberDuel, but only a bit.

In my opinion, every map has the chance to become famous, although it's similar to other maps. A good example are the 1000+ tower defences that are already out. Once, someone started with a concept of that (most likely blizzard) and they copied it. And what do we have today? Shopping Maul, Green TD,....

Don't be frightened and try the impossible ;)

_PV

_PV

Level 7
I sought out this master crafters, and my idea is a tad (or maybe alot) the same. well I got the idea from playing fantasy life, i wanted to alter that concept but it seems that has already been done... At the moment so many map ideas are floating around in my head, im literally suffering from too many ideas, this one seemed to me as the hardest one to create for a debut map so i'm thinking of starting small... say, do any of you maybe posses a skill at creating custom spells and abilities? i always experiance difficulty at importing the effect and creating a spell, mine are always so bland. I'm thinking of creating a sort of survival hero areana based on space orcs and space marines, already balenced the heroes and started with the terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.