• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Map Idea -Help requested-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, I'm Engel-The-Blade (Also known as Engel-The-Dark) on the Azeroth server in Bnet. I'm new to this community and have enjoyed what I've seen thus far. (I'm the guy who posted a bunch of his old stories in the writing section the other day here. :p)

Well, I've recently had a longing to create a map but with the limited time I have, this won't be accomplished by my effort alone. Even if I did do it alone, it would not come out to the polish I would hope. I'm a writer, nothing more! :)

The style of gameplay I'm interested in is a Spawn Wars style (Spawn of units at intervals, where you must make a castle or whatever at your capital to get new and more units. Or FRENCH_CANADIAN's style where you build a certain building to get certain units and can only build a certain amount of buildings[ToK - The Great War, ToK - Boreal Conflict] But then I've pondered upon making it like Azeroth Wars where you make the units yourself from certain buildings and such. (All of this can be discussed.)

Along with historical event intervals where it'll go like
(Ex.)
Year 251 - The Mercenary Warlord's of the south launch a series of Campaigns along the coastline of Laodicea under the leadership of Sea Lord Kalen. [Then it'll spawn the hero and several units at a designated point.)

I'm pretty indecisive at this point about how the gameplay should be, so I'd like to ask the help of terrainers and generally experienced trigger creators who'd be interested in the crafting of this map. Below I'll post the summary of the plot in this map.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Years 125-350
Laodicean Rulers
Emperor Dentaevius (125-215) - Natural death
Emperor Calditian (215-265) - Natural Death
Emperor Orifius (265-285) - Illness
Emperor Kadascus (285-330) - Assassinated
Council Rule (330-349)
Emperor Dentaevius II (350- ) - Current ruler.

Beginning of an Empire.
In the year 120, Calen the Prophet of Arius, the god of Light had proclaimed that the celestial being of above had chosen the people of Laodicea to be his followers. Through the Prophet, Arius had showed many miracles to the people who they themselves held an honorable society. Two years after Calen spread the wordand showed miracles of Arius throughout the land of Laodicea, the god had chosen a ruler for the people, a young man named Dentaevius. This decision whether by a god or not, did not sit well with the other nobles who had gained immense wealth through the religious prosperity that came from the teachings of the Prophet. The Prophet knew this well enough and had Dentaevius gather up the followers of Arius, garnering a mass of arms and learning to wield a gift from the god of Light - Magic of Light. The nobles of the thriving cities took up arms and hired mercenaries from the southern Kingdoms, outnumbering the zealous followers by a large sum.

At the Battle of Rolland's Ridge, the Nobles were swiftly defeated in a single battle with their mercenaries all but slaughtered. The Laodicean's who had followed the greedy nobles were disabled by Arius during the battle, not wishing to see his misguided followers harmed. The nobles were executed at the Ridge and left to rot alongside the mercenaries who had fought for the same reason the nobles had, for money.

Following the short skirmish, Dentaevius had won the support of his fellow Laodicean's and had gained control of all of Laodicea under the support of the Prophet. In the year 125, Dentaevius was crowned Emperor of Laodicea by the Prophet Calen in the Capital city of Lux et Veritas. During the reign of Emperor Dentaevius several Chapel's and Catherdal's were opened across the country, forming the Order of Light. With the Prophet Calen called back into the heavens, his disciple the young Raoul led the holy ordained order. The Order of Light grew daily, their ordaining of priest's numbering in the hundreds. With moral upbringing at an all time high, the Golden Age of Laodicea had begun under the careful watch of Arius.

Golden Age.
After the death of Emperor Dentaevius, his son Calditian took the throne. Trade and economy boomed under the watch of the vigilant Emperor, peace was the haven of the land with foreigners coming to the Holy land. Seeking a refuge from the horrors of the growing darkness. Even with rumors of darkness growing in the north, the prosperity of the Empire only continued to grow with the founding of the Iron Cross started by Emperor Calditian in the year 235. The leader of the Order named High Judge Geoffery, under the guidance of the Judge the laws of the land were kept in order and foreigners with malicious intentions were soon exterminated.

Emperor Caliditian met with the Elves in the year 250, discussing the rising threat of the Dark Elves in the west. Forces detached from both Laodicea and the neighboring Elven kingdoms to their borders to begin the Watch of the Darkness that would last until after the reign of Emperor Kadascus. The rumors of dark beings and barbarians rising through the mouths of commoners.

Growing Threat.
In the Year 265, Emperor Orifius ruled the Laodicean's as his father did and his father before him but his body was not the pillar of reliance as his ancestor. Albeit sickly he held the intellect of a genius and aided in the construction of Lux et Verita's walls and the many roads between the cities that aided in not only trade but military movement between towns. Throughout his rule, Orifius had brought in years of scientific advancement, encouraging relations with dwarven smiths who had brought a multitude of arifacts from their dark mountains.

The reign of Emperor Orifius would be shortlived, his death coming from a fatal illness in the year 285. His son Kadascus would take to the throne immediately after his shortlived but well spent reign over the empire of Laodicea.

The Great Schism.
In the Year 285 Emperor Kadascus took to the throne after his father's death. Being no great engineer as his father, Kadascus focused on diplomacy rather than bringing all his attention to the country's self development. His continued efforts in strengthening bonds between Laodicea and other nations worked effectively, the race of Dwarves, Elves and Sand wanderers forming a close friendship with the Imperialistic society.

During a visit to the Dwarven homeland, the Emperor took a less than reputable route to the mountains which proved to be fatal. The Emperor's company and he himself were ambushed and murdered by unknown assailants. Though it is near positive that the Dark Elves were behind the sinister plan as a Dark Blade was left behind on the scene with the blood of the Emperor upon it. The Life of Emperor Kadascus ending in year 330.

The Son of the Emperor, Dentaevius the II was only an infant and was not able to rule the Empire. With the dismissal of Emperor Kadascus, the Watch of the Darkness ended. Murder and profanity started to populate the smaller towns, the efforts of the Iron Cross being near futile with the rampant crimes that came upon the land. The Light at this time seemed to dimmer under the hands of the council, only the leader's of both the Order of Light and Iron Cross keeping together the Imperialistic society.

The Harbringer.
In the year 350, Dentaevius the II was brought to power by the efforts of both Hector, the Grand Crusader of the Order of Light and Magnus the High Judge of the Iron Cross. The Emperor of only twenty years had the corrupt council exiled and soon began cleansing the land of crime and anarchy. Yet, within the year the first assault of the Dark Elves began along with cohorts of foreign powers that numbered in Ogres of the Váli hills, Trolls of the Plaguewoods, Satyr's of the Jotun caves and Mercenary Warlord's of the Southern Sea. This Alliance led by the Dark Elf Patriarch, Damian who was the chosen warrior of Arius's demented brother, Astorath the god of darkness.

Despite the overwhelming odds, the bonds that Emperor Kadascus formed proved worthwhile as the scientifically advanced dwarves, magic fluent elves, swift tribes of the Plains and the Croation Lizardmen of the sea brought their arms to the aid of the Laodicean Empire, thus beginning the Age of Retribution.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order of Light
In the year 125, the Order of Light was founded under the jurisdiction of Emperor Dentaevius months after he ascended to the throne in order to further the teachings of the Light and to spread the knowledge of Arius throughout the land of Laodicea, the chosen leader being the chosen disciple of the Prophet Calen, Raoul. Under the leadership of Raoul the Pure, the land of Laodicea became a nexus of priesthood. The teachings of Calen written down in several languages where elves and even the occasional dwarf were under the tutelage of the High Priest Raoul.

In the year 267, Raoul the Pure after over a century of living was finally called to the heavens by Arius. His son, Jehoel. His son was in no less power or strength in mind than his father. The Laodicean military continually supported by the Order of Light with it's clerics, priests and elite warriors who were not only powered in mind but in spirit. Jehoel the Calm would continue the lead the Order of Light until the year 330 where he was one of the many slaughtered along with Emperor Kadascus at the Shadow Mist Mountains.

The absence of a High Priest caused temporary disorder within the Order of Light until the year 342 where Jehoel's son, Ethien took the position as High Priest to only later change the title to Grand Crusader. His reclamation of the order was in a troubling time, the experienced warrior trained several of the Priests under the way of sword, soon turning a majority of the Order into Templars who were warriors of Light.

In the year 350, Ethien along with High Judge Magnus put the lost son of the Emperor into power - the plot taking two years to be completed, the Council of Lux et Verita's keeping the two leaders under strict watch. With the outside assistance of a Ranger from the Sand tribe to the east, the two leader's were able to bring back the line of Emperor's to Laodicea. With order restored to the near anarchist era of the country, Ethien took his Crusaders and cleansed out the pagan practices from each town leaving not one idol left.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iron Cross
In the year 235, the Iron Cross was started by Emperor Calditian in order to further protect the local and country security from inner threats. The appointed High Judge was Geoffery LeHayes, a respected warrior and philosophist of the land who was seen to be the most civil of mind to lead such an order.

Under High Judge Geoffery, the crime within Laodicea was close to becoming just a rumor - the occasional spy, who remained cloak would be seen and persued by the Judges, they knew them to be Dark Elves but without physical evidence nothing could be done. Even without the proof to back their claim they continued to watch the Dark Elves under their own ruling, dedicated to protecting their country from whatever threat and they had more than once halted malicious plans from the Dark Elves whether it was a plotted scheme to attack a caravan or an assassination.

The Iron Cross would later work in collaboration with the Order of Light, the martial and religious power they held kept the threads of the Empire together, their jobs supported by the ruling Emperor's who at many times patrolled with the Iron Cross to see the landscape and speak to the people that he led.

In the year of 330, the High Judge Taladascar travelled with High Priest Jehoel along with the Emperor's cohort to the Shadow Mist Mountains, to teach the Dwarven lands. He was one of the many killed in that tragic and bloody ambush, his son Magnus would later take to the seat of High Judge in the year 342. His leadership proved to be effective, the entire country was purged of lawbreakers with hundreds executed and several more imprisoned for their immoral deeds.

In the year 350, High Judge Magnus, Grand Crusader Ethien and the mysterious Ranger of the Sand Tribe would put the crowned child into the throne of Emperor, no longer letting the council keep his existence hidden - Magnus had his men arrest the corrupt council members and exiled them outside the country.

Last edited:
Level 8
if you got a ps2 I recommend playing a game called Dynasty warriors I think it has exactly what you wan't for gameplay style. Otherwise stick with the costaint spawning of troops but try to keep it a bit more intresting by not making obvius paths for the computer to take. maybe some extra scripted events like barly missing by a boulder and such.

Level 2
I've played Dynasty Warriors since number two has been out and the Romance of the III kingdoms series, I know all about it. :)

But like I said, the gameplay can be discussed I just need experienced people to help make this come true.

Status
Not open for further replies.