• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

map help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
im making a map and its an rpg, i need some help with 2 things

1. I want to make a weapon system that works like if you pick up an item, you can click on it in your inventory and it will then give you bonuses and appear in your hand. My idea was making it so that the item casts a spell and gives you a buff of like +3 damage and add the model in your hand, the problem is im not quite sure how to do this, i would like help.

2. Im trying to make a spellbook system that isnt in your inventory. there would be an icon in the menu at the bottom right of screen, and it says like spellbook or somthing, clicking it gives you acess to your spells(a new menu), the problem is i also want it to be so that you have to buy spells and ablilitys.

any help would be loved and if its good, ill add to your rep :)
kthxbai

Level 12
im making a map and its an rpg, i need some help with 2 things

1. I want to make a weapon system that works like if you pick up an item, you can click on it in your inventory and it will then give you bonuses and appear in your hand. My idea was making it so that the item casts a spell and gives you a buff of like +3 damage and add the model in your hand, the problem is im not quite sure how to do this, i would like help.

2. Im trying to make a spellbook system that isnt in your inventory. there would be an icon in the menu at the bottom right of screen, and it says like spellbook or somthing, clicking it gives you acess to your spells(a new menu), the problem is i also want it to be so that you have to buy spells and ablilitys.

any help would be loved and if its good, ill add to your rep :)
kthxbai

1) Base a spell off an item that casts a spell and change what it casts. Change it to a buff(or dummy spell), and use triggers to give your unit whichever buffs and attach whichever model to hand. Then just have it remove the model/buff after X duration.

2) You need to just give the hero the spellbook ability.

Level 34
In fact he did help you.

2) Go to the spellbook ability. Enable it for Heroes. Add your spells you want. There is a trigger that allows you to add spells to a unit. Not sure how you get it into the spellbook, I think you may have to make a ton of spells and spellbooks and ad a whole new spellbook every time you add spells.

1) I don't feel like trying to make triggers. You obviously don't have a ton of experience in this area, and will probably just have to wait until someone makes you the triggers.

Last edited:
Level 12
Get a clue, read every tutorial you can, and figure out how to do the most basic of tasks. I guarantee you, almost all of your questions here will be answered by this alone.

If you want your map finished and made by someone else, it will never be your map.

On the off chance you do want somebody else to make it for you, please take it to requests or project recruitment.

Good luck

Level 5
For the first question an easy way to solve it would be with spellbooks and putting the buff in an ability in the hidden spellbook, then giving the ability to the hero when he picks up the item. However this conflicts with your other request that they already have spellbooks for other spells and WorldEdit only allows one spellbook per unit ID.

Spellbook is a spell itself, it's pretty self explanatory and you can just trigger it so when you buy a dummy item from a shop it gives your hero the ability in your spellbook.

Level 5
Get a clue, read every tutorial you can, and figure out how to do the most basic of tasks. I guarantee you, almost all of your questions here will be answered by this alone.

If you want your map finished and made by someone else, it will never be your map.

On the off chance you do want somebody else to make it for you, please take it to requests or project recruitment.

Good luck

good point.

You must learn from your self... If you can't make things right your way, then that's the time to ask help.

If you don't have any efforts for your map, then what's the use of calling it "your map?".

Level 5
im working on a spellbook trigger right now.
(im awful at making triggers like these)
what im trying to do is make it so that when you purchase a certain item then it will change your spellbook (ability) into another one with one more spell. i have made the spell books but im having trouble with making the trigger work.

Level 12
im working on a spellbook trigger right now.
(im awful at making triggers like these)
what im trying to do is make it so that when you purchase a certain item then it will change your spellbook (ability) into another one with one more spell. i have made the spell books but im having trouble with making the trigger work.

Good to hear.

What exactly are you doing? You start with abilities in the spellbook, then you can buy an upgrade? How many upgrades are there? How many spells in the spellbook? Etc.

Level 12

...OK

So. You have 5 different spell book levels. Each with a different spell inside? Or something.

You'd just need a

Unit buys an item
Item = upgrade book 1/2/3/4
Remove spellbook 1/2/3/4
Add spellbook 2/3/4/5

Understand? Or should I break it down more?

Status
Not open for further replies.