• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Downloads Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I removed ALL maps from wc3s and put them at hiveworkshop.com
but I am having new problems now..

I deleted all maps but it still say we are over the quota which is wrong. I need to contact the host of the website to get the quota reset.

This means maps are not open yet. and that it will take more than 1 hour. However if you want to download something and it doesnt exist.

Try replacing the link to http://wc3search.hiveworkshop.com and then ofcourse the rest will be /maps/someid/mapname

Level 9
Hmmmm. 04, eh? I dont think I ever saw you post.
But, thank the... errr... green.... thing.. that we're getting close to a solution to this mess.

Level 15
I believe a lot of the older maps are missing. Mainly due to the original map archive being lost due to bad hosting and no one having a backup.

Level 13
Would it not be easier for everyone to download a copy of their map and then re-upload it after the quota is restored?

By the way, just an idea to keep this from happening again. There should be a cap on how many resources one user can submit. Some people just mass submit crap icons/skins/models (no offense intended to anyone) and take up megabytes of space needed to keep wc3sear.ch running.
Then maybe if a user is known for high quality work they can have more submissions avaliable.

Level 6
It is popular by people who just download, but making nothing, havent better idea in that moment or imagines that sacrifice will save the world :)

(yes, Im against it too)

Status
Not open for further replies.