• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

many missile, one target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, here is my problem:
I must to make a unit who shoot many arrow on one target but with a cooldown. I'm not sure you will understand so i will write an example:
The archer will shoot 5 arrow on the target, wait 2.5 second, shoot 5 arrow, wait 2.5 second, shoot 5 arrow, etc...
It's a real problem for me, i know how to do that with many target, but with one target... :S
So dont tell me to use the barrage spell.
The model of all arrow is the same, the 5 arrow will be shoot with a 0.1 interval seconds, and when the last arrow will be shoot, the units will wait 2.5 seconds before to shoot again.
If you dont understand what i said, please post me^^
thanks to the first one to help me^^.

You don't need a custom model. Make a dummy unit. Go to Footman, copy and paste, change the following data:
Abilities - Normal: Delete the default defend and add "Locust", "Invulnerable".
Art - Model: delete the default units\human\Footman\Footman and search the model you want through the categories.
Art - Shadow: None
Combat - Attacks enabled: None
Stats - Food Cost: 0

Level 19
You don't need a custom model. Make a dummy unit. Go to Footman, copy and paste, change the following data:
Abilities - Normal: Delete the default defend and add "Locust", "Invulnerable".
Art - Model: delete the default units\human\Footman\Footman and search the model you want through the categories.
Art - Shadow: None
Combat - Attacks enabled: None
Stats - Food Cost: 0

You forgot point-value, can flee and upgrades.
As well as movement type, speed, height.

Those are completely optional, MortAr-. When you use this specific unit with an expiration timer of 2.00 seconds most likely (to cast dummy abilities) or force it to periodically move to a target point, it will get affected by the upgrades, but, so what? You force it of doing other stuff, so, even if extra armor is applied through an upgrade, it won't be anything different. Height again, optional. You can use Crow Form ability and set the height via triggers. Point-value, I really don't get especially why this should be anything else but default. Point value is most likely used in triggers (and, to be honest, it has rare uses).

Status
Not open for further replies.