• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mana using like ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I dont know how to use mana as ammo if you have ammo in your inventory after you killed all your mana 0 and you will need use ammo and mana now full again how to do that?

Level 10
I can't understand what you are saying, it's fairly bad explained, but I think what you want to do is make a unit waste mana whenever it attacks.

Basically, create a hidden spellbook with the 'Searing Arrows' ability in it. Then set the manacost of Searing Arrows to the mana you want wasted per shot, set the additional damage to 0, and change the missile art to that of your unit. Also, do not forget to set that the unit should have the spell on autocast by default.

Then, simply make that ammo which you'd need to reload a mana potion, so it has the same effect. To prevent units from attacking while they have no ammo, use:

• Events
    • Unit - A Unit is being attacked
  • Conditions
    • Mana of (Attacking Unit) is less than 1
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order (Attacking Unit) to stop

Level 10
  • Events
  • Conditions
    • Mana of (Attacking unit) > 0
  • Actions
    • Unit - Set mana of (Attacking unit) to mana of (Attacking unit) -1
  • Events
  • Conditions
    • Mana of (Attacking Unit) < 1
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order (Attacking Unit) to stop

Level 4
Asgard_Ragna where do you get mana in your conditions? I have only russian world editor and cant find it

Level 4
"Unit - Set mana of (Attacking unit) to mana of (Attacking unit) -1" I cant put -1 number it wont write there :S

Status
Not open for further replies.