• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mana Shield Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I gave a unit Mana shield and all I edited was the cooldown, which I set to 0. I made the unit controlled by Neutral Hostile, ordered him to activate mana shield after 1 second of gameplay, and everything worked, up to this point.

The moment this unit takes damage (He has 10k mana and never drops below that, btw) the shield is deactivated. To solve this, I made a trigger so that if he didnt have the shield on, and his mana was above 5, he would recast it.

Unfortunately, this turned into a spam-fest of "take damage, cast mana shield, step forward, take damage, cast shield, step forward," etc. I noticed that when he gets to 180/600 health (30%), he casts the shield and keeps it on. I tried giving it to a computer player instead, but same effect; when I gave it to myself, he never lost the shield. Is this a computer AI thing? How do I make him keep it on?

Level 8
the hardcoded mana shield also totally malfunctions with silence so consider this if you have silencers on your map

Status
Not open for further replies.